Shimano Chronarch 201E5

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Shimano Chronarch 201E5

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:44 am

Hello Folks,

I am consolidating my rod/reel arsenal and have decided to let go of my Shimano Chronarch 201E5. It's a left hand retrieve reel with a 5.5:1 gear ratio. I bought it for the sole purpose of throwing deep diving crankbaits like a Strike King 6XD, 8XD, etc. I've had this reel for a couple years but it hasn't been used more than a dozen times since I didn't spend much time deep cranking. There are a few like scuffs on it and one of my cats decided to chew on one of the knobs but other than that it's in great shape cosmetically. Mechnically, the reel is perfect. Smooth operating for both casting and retrieving. It's also been upgraded with HP Abec 7 Spool Bearings for increased casting distance.

The bearing upgrade costed me $15 and you can order a replacement knob from ereplacementparts for $8.71 shipped so let's call it even and shoot for $150. I am pretty firm on price but will consider all serious offers. I may be interested in trading for another Curado or Chronarch with a 7.1:1 or faster gear ratio.