Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:59 am

list updated, see page 1

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Im laughing at AaronE 's remark on sinking a Livingston. I too did weigh 320 lbs. Me and my partner who weighs 170 lbs went to Lk Stevens for a Kokanee derby. My 8' Livingston with 2 of us with a 7.5 1986 Honda and gear sank the boat. I learned that day that Livingstons do sink.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:23 am

16 foot terry bass boat w 90 horse. Fish lake wa, silver, sawyer, potholes and moses. Hit me up if you want to go fishing.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:58 am

[quote="Mike Carey"]I know there's a lot of demand for a Fishing Buddy Feature so until we get one running let's try this. Post if you're interested in finding someone to fish with and what days off you have. Add any particulars you'd like. As the list builds it will give you a quick "go to" list to contact people that may have those days off. You can also use this thread to announce "Open Boat" invites as well.

RULES: (at least to start!) If someone declines an invite accept it without making a big deal of it. There can be any number of reasons why a person would say no, so if they tell you "no thanks, not today" let it go at that. No pressure, no worries and this should work good for finding new fishing buddies.

Legal Disclaimers: Use of this list is voluntary. Members are encouraged to know who you are fishing with. If you are under eighteen you need to include that because parents will need to give permission. WL.com can not be held liable for Fishing Buddies Gone Bad. :chef:

I'll go first and we'll add to this list as time goes on. Please use your member name so people can look up PMs easily:

Mike Carey - I work every other weekend, available on some weekdays - Mondays and Tuesdays. Have boat, Westside Puget Sound area. I'll fish trout (fly or hardware), bass, and muskie. Also saltwater and rivers when the mood strikes.

The Quadfather - I fish bass or trout or panfish from a boat. Westside, generaly the King/Snohomish County area. Also bottom fish Puget Sound. My days to fish are Sat-Monday from the boat, or weeknights from a float tube.

reddog - East side. North Spokane. Weekends, typicly Saturday. A weekday evening at Eloika or Diamond on occasion. Bass, Pike, etc. Very rarly trout. Even caught a bass in Diamond. One of my "target fish" success stories. Have exchanged cell # with another "east sider" from another post. Look forward to meeting more WALakes.com members over here that like Bass fishin.

stanford - I'm available SAT and SUN most of the time. Fish the Salt, just need some gas money to get off the ramp. Live in Edgewood/Black Diamond area.

ryan2202 - Fly fish rivers, lakes would love to fly fish the salt. I hardware fish for trout and bass too. Love fishing Salt, just don't have the means to right now...Up for putting gas money with the buddy. I don't own a boat, have access to a small 10ft aluminum with small electric motor. I fish from the pontoon a lot. I live in the south king county area, but not stuck to that location, I can get around easily to anywhere. I'm free some weekdays in the afternoon. Most weekends are free for me as well.

mav186 - Boat- Yes (186 Weldcraft)
Primary Fishing- Lakes and Rivers for Rainbow, Cutthroat, Silvers, Wally’s, Catfish, and yes…even Bass (lol)
Would Like to Learn- Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead (salt and fresh)
Primary Locations Fished
-Western Wa- Lake WaWa, American Lake, Lake Sammamish, Alder Lake
- Eastern Wa- Rufus, Roosevelt, Curlew, Banks, Potholes

General Notes- Typically have an open seat(s) when I go. I will use this list and send out PM’s to find potential fishing partners when I go out. This will include trips east of the mountains as well. If you fish these areas or anything similar to these…please don’t hesitate to PM me. We can go in my boat, your boat, both boats, or by shore if river fishing. I’m pretty low keyed with one helluva sense of humor…Thanks!

bassmasterderek - G3 16'8" aluminum tub
Bass ONLY -fishing pierce, thurston, mason and sometimes lewis county
For now I do smoke cigarettes!
I usually go on sat/sun mornings but work by 1. Or weekdays provided I have a sitter for the baby bassers!

jf0 - I sometimes have 1 open seat on weekends morning or evening, occasionally evenings after work.

Usual Lakes: Lake Desire, Spring Lake
Boat: 12' Aluminum vhul
Fish: Bass

AaronE - Name: Aaron Egnor (AaronE)
Primarily fishes for bass, accidentally catches trout LOL
Lives: Federal Way, WA
Works: Redmond, WA
Fishes: EVERYWHERE. I have no problems leaving the house at 2am to drive 3 hours to hit the morning bite somewhere. I just need some advance warning on road trips. I *am* married and need to keep it that way hehe
Prefers: Float tubing. I'll go tubing with anyone, anywhere. Love getting the backseat on a boat, too.
Easiest way to contact me: Email me at martyrcomplex1@yahoo.com - it gets checked all the time and alerts my cell when I have new email.
Disclaimer: I smoke and have a potty mouth. If you're allergic to smoke or f-bombs, putting us in a jon boat together is probably not a good idea hehe. I'm also a big guy (6'1, about 300) so if I'll sink your Livingston, keep that in mind :)

fishingmachine - 7 foot livingston
Fishes two people great.
Fish all species but mainly bass
But if you are a trouter i can manage
I fish Pine Lake and Beaver lake along with Lake Joy and Phantom Lake
Available everyday during the summer.

Toni - I have a boat but can’t take it out in big water]2000subaru[/b] - Boat: 88 Skeeter SD-80 16' fiberglass dream machine
Species: Bass and Tigers. The occasional trout that enjoys a EWG through the mouth.
Lakes: I'll go anywhere, but love to fish my local whirlpool, Lake Tapps. King and Pierce most of the time, but if you have a good LMB lake, I'm willing to travel.
When: Usually anytime, but mostly weekends and afternoons. I have kids/wife who enjoy my company, I think.
Rules: No smoking while on the boat, pre/post launch anyother time is cool. (I have my vices too!) Just be good company. If you want to help with fuel, that would be cool. Help me launch and load if i'm not already in the water. Please don't bring your arsenal of rods and gear. Make an educated guess on what you are planning to fish, bring it, and par your rods down to 2 or 3. The bug does not have tons of storage. Don't worry though, I share baits.

MaxEpx82 - Im only good to fill a seat ! :-)

Spokane, Washington, Able to drive , Free every single day !

Kokonuts - Lake Merwin.......Kokanee....... ......I am at the Lake most every weekend & some weekdays!

18ft. Hewes with room for 1 or 2. Send a PM .....Kokonuts....

Smokum - 17' Crestliner w/90 E-tec and MinnKota etc.

Almost always an open seat for lakes and am close to Lk Sawyer and Sammammish. Most weekends .

Ya gotta put up with an excited 12 yr old grandson who could possibly outfish anyone in the boat.

PM or e-mail me and let's go

Bisk1tSnGraV - (Jay)

Availability: I usually am able to fish at least one afternoon after work and one of the weekend days.

Location: I live down in Spanaway but will travel to get a chance out on the water.

Species: I primarily fish for Bass but will fish for whatever may be biting.

Notes: I am a boat rider or a back seat filler. But just like AaronE, I am a Float Tuber and will fish with most anyone. Thinking if I can fish with AaronE I can handle anyone ... LOL. It is just great to explore new water, meet new friends and just fish.

PM me if you are looking for someone to help chase the fish to your hook.

Denman - I'm in! My schedule is pretty hit and miss though. I work at a sporting goods store, so being retail, I close alot during the week and weekends. Best thing to do, is pm me and we'll go from there. I'd be happy to take someone out on Lake Tapps (I live on Church Lake) or other bodies of water nearby. I fish for bass and Muskie on Lake Tapps and will hit the salt now and

jake_k
Warrant Officer

Post by jake_k » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:59 pm

hey I would love to do some steel head and salmon fishing in the king county area but i would like to know do i have to be 18 for anyone to take me or even have a chance of getting a spot because of liabilities or something

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:34 pm

jake_k wrote:hey I would love to do some steel head and salmon fishing in the king county area but i would like to know do i have to be 18 for anyone to take me or even have a chance of getting a spot because of liabilities or something
That would be up to your parents and the person taking you out, but for purposes of this list I'm going to make it for adults only. Sad but in this day and age you have to be careful.

jake_k
Warrant Officer

Post by jake_k » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:43 pm

alright well i guess ill just wait 3 more months lol

rodrob43
Petty Officer

Post by rodrob43 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Rodrob43 I love to fish, but have the worst luck on the eastern side of the mountains. I don't know where to go or how to fish for 'em. Have a 15.5' Starcraft w/walk-thru windshield, 30hp Nissan, MinnKota trolling motor.

Location: Grandview, that's halfway between the Tri-Cities and Yakima.

Where do I fish: Columbia, usually below McNary Dam or at Tri-Cities; Potholes. Would love to learn something about Lake Chelan, Banks, Rufus Woods, etc. If you know where and how, let's go.

Availability: I substitute teach, so I can usually arrange any day during the week with a couple of days notice.
I usually devote the weekend to family.

Vices: I don't smoke or drink; you can if it is in moderation.
Here's to cool, clear water with big fish!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:29 pm

updated, see first page.

TexasBassMan
Angler

Post by TexasBassMan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Name: Adam Troy
Fish: Bass only
Schedule: Mostly weekends but can do the occasional weekday/weekday afternoon
Non boater sold my boat wanting to upgrade timing isnt right at the moment so have to suffer without.

Just recently relocated from Ft. Hood, Tx where I fished competitve for 2 years placing 2nd for 2009 and 1st for 2010 and fished the 2010 Federation State Tourney and qualified for the 2011 but relocated prior to the event. I have placed in the top 10 in a few Budlight Trail opens in Texas and have 6 club tourney wins the past 2 years. I am a wounded soldier with 3rd degree burns soon to medically retire but thankfully it doesnt affect my hookset and hidden underneath clothing.

I will split gas cost of boat and towing depending on travel. New to Bass Fishing in Washington grew up in Tumwater but only fished for Trout growing up. Thankfully the last 8 years I spent in Texas honing my skills for the bucketmouth.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 pm

list on first page updated.

JS
Petty Officer

Post by JS » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 am

Name: Josh Smith
Target: Largemouth/smallmouth primarily.
Availability: Anytime Fri-Sun. Weekdays after 5pm.

Currently I do not own my own boat and am looking for a backseat to fish from. No problems with contributing money to the trip, more than happy to do that. I have plenty of gear, but can be selective if space is tight. On a side note, i do have access to a boat on lake desire if anyone wanted to come out and fish with me there. Thanks for reading. Josh

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm

updated, thanks.

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Im looking for sumeone to fish with im in maytown near tenino im 18 i have no drivers license i cant drive. So if u wanna go anyfurther then olympia well i have to have ride. I am available at all times i dont ever have a busy schedule. Really looking for a partner i hate fishing alone. Ill fish for anything if i know what tackle to use. So let me know. P.s heres my contact info text or call 360 529 1804.
Last edited by Camron on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Updated
Mike Carey wrote:I know there's a lot of demand for a Fishing Buddy Feature so until we get one running let's try this. Post if you're interested in finding someone to fish with and what days off you have. Add any particulars you'd like. As the list builds it will give you a quick "go to" list to contact people that may have those days off. You can also use this thread to announce "Open Boat" invites as well.

This list will be for lake/saltwater/river fishing, general species. I'm also adding a Bass Buddies List on the Bass Forum.

RULES: (at least to start!) If someone declines an invite accept it without making a big deal of it. There can be any number of reasons why a person would say no, so if they tell you "no thanks, not today" let it go at that. No pressure, no worries and this should work good for finding new fishing buddies.

Legal Disclaimers: Use of this list is voluntary. Members are encouraged to know who you are fishing with. Must be eighteen to participate. WL.com can not be held liable for Fishing Buddies Gone Bad. :chef:

I'll go first and we'll add to this list as time goes on. Please use your member name so people can look up PMs easily:

Mike Carey - I work every other weekend, available on some weekdays - Mondays and Tuesdays. Have boat, Westside Puget Sound area. I'll fish trout (fly or hardware), bass, and muskie. Also saltwater and rivers when the mood strikes.

The Quadfather - I fish bass or trout or panfish from a boat. Westside, generaly the King/Snohomish County area. Also bottom fish Puget Sound. My days to fish are Sat-Monday from the boat, or weeknights from a float tube.

reddog - East side. North Spokane. Weekends, typicly Saturday. A weekday evening at Eloika or Diamond on occasion. Bass, Pike, etc. Very rarly trout. Even caught a bass in Diamond. One of my "target fish" success stories. Have exchanged cell # with another "east sider" from another post. Look forward to meeting more WALakes.com members over here that like Bass fishin.

stanford - I'm available SAT and SUN most of the time. Fish the Salt, just need some gas money to get off the ramp. Live in Edgewood/Black Diamond area.

ryan2202 - Fly fish rivers, lakes would love to fly fish the salt. I hardware fish for trout and bass too. Love fishing Salt, just don't have the means to right now...Up for putting gas money with the buddy. I don't own a boat, have access to a small 10ft aluminum with small electric motor. I fish from the pontoon a lot. I live in the south king county area, but not stuck to that location, I can get around easily to anywhere. I'm free some weekdays in the afternoon. Most weekends are free for me as well.

mav186 - Boat- Yes (186 Weldcraft)
Primary Fishing- Lakes and Rivers for Rainbow, Cutthroat, Silvers, Wally’s, Catfish, and yes…even Bass (lol)
Would Like to Learn- Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead (salt and fresh)
Primary Locations Fished
-Western Wa- Lake WaWa, American Lake, Lake Sammamish, Alder Lake
- Eastern Wa- Rufus, Roosevelt, Curlew, Banks, Potholes

General Notes- Typically have an open seat(s) when I go. I will use this list and send out PM’s to find potential fishing partners when I go out. This will include trips east of the mountains as well. If you fish these areas or anything similar to these…please don’t hesitate to PM me. We can go in my boat, your boat, both boats, or by shore if river fishing. I’m pretty low keyed with one helluva sense of humor…Thanks!

bassmasterderek - G3 16'8" aluminum tub
Bass ONLY -fishing pierce, thurston, mason and sometimes lewis county
For now I do smoke cigarettes!
I usually go on sat/sun mornings but work by 1. Or weekdays provided I have a sitter for the baby bassers!

jf0 - I sometimes have 1 open seat on weekends morning or evening, occasionally evenings after work.

Usual Lakes: Lake Desire, Spring Lake
Boat: 12' Aluminum vhul
Fish: Bass

AaronE - Name: Aaron Egnor (AaronE)
Primarily fishes for bass, accidentally catches trout LOL
Lives: Federal Way, WA
Works: Redmond, WA
Fishes: EVERYWHERE. I have no problems leaving the house at 2am to drive 3 hours to hit the morning bite somewhere. I just need some advance warning on road trips. I *am* married and need to keep it that way hehe
Prefers: Float tubing. I'll go tubing with anyone, anywhere. Love getting the backseat on a boat, too.
Easiest way to contact me: Email me at martyrcomplex1@yahoo.com - it gets checked all the time and alerts my cell when I have new email.
Disclaimer: I smoke and have a potty mouth. If you're allergic to smoke or f-bombs, putting us in a jon boat together is probably not a good idea hehe. I'm also a big guy (6'1, about 300) so if I'll sink your Livingston, keep that in mind :)

fishingmachine - 7 foot livingston
Fishes two people great.
Fish all species but mainly bass
But if you are a trouter i can manage
I fish Pine Lake and Beaver lake along with Lake Joy and Phantom Lake
Available everyday during the summer.

Toni - I have a boat but can’t take it out in big water; therefore, I would like to apply for a seat on a boat. If possible I would like to crab or shrimp, fish for salmon in the salt, fish Rufus Woods for trout and also catch walleyes, fish Lake WA for cutthroat.
I don’t drink alcoholic beverages, I don’t smoke (or chew), and I don’t cuss. I do need bathroom breaks.

2000subaru - Boat: 88 Skeeter SD-80 16' fiberglass dream machine
Species: Bass and Tigers. The occasional trout that enjoys a EWG through the mouth.
Lakes: I'll go anywhere, but love to fish my local whirlpool, Lake Tapps. King and Pierce most of the time, but if you have a good LMB lake, I'm willing to travel.
When: Usually anytime, but mostly weekends and afternoons. I have kids/wife who enjoy my company, I think.
Rules: No smoking while on the boat, pre/post launch anyother time is cool. (I have my vices too!) Just be good company. If you want to help with fuel, that would be cool. Help me launch and load if i'm not already in the water. Please don't bring your arsenal of rods and gear. Make an educated guess on what you are planning to fish, bring it, and par your rods down to 2 or 3. The bug does not have tons of storage. Don't worry though, I share baits.

MaxEpx82 - Im only good to fill a seat ! :-)

Spokane, Washington, Able to drive , Free every single day !

Kokonuts - Lake Merwin.......Kokanee....... ......I am at the Lake most every weekend & some weekdays!

18ft. Hewes with room for 1 or 2. Send a PM .....Kokonuts....

Smokum - 17' Crestliner w/90 E-tec and MinnKota etc.

Almost always an open seat for lakes and am close to Lk Sawyer and Sammammish. Most weekends .

Ya gotta put up with an excited 12 yr old grandson who could possibly outfish anyone in the boat.

PM or e-mail me and let's go

Bisk1tSnGraV - (Jay)

Availability: I usually am able to fish at least one afternoon after work and one of the weekend days.

Location: I live down in Spanaway but will travel to get a chance out on the water.

Species: I primarily fish for Bass but will fish for whatever may be biting.

Notes: I am a boat rider or a back seat filler. But just like AaronE, I am a Float Tuber and will fish with most anyone. Thinking if I can fish with AaronE I can handle anyone ... LOL. It is just great to explore new water, meet new friends and just fish.

PM me if you are looking for someone to help chase the fish to your hook.

Denman -

I'm in! My schedule is pretty hit and miss though. I work at a sporting goods store, so being retail, I close alot during the week and weekends. Best thing to do, is pm me and we'll go from there. I'd be happy to take someone out on Lake Tapps (I live on Church Lake) or other bodies of water nearby. I fish for bass and Muskie.

youshhucks -

Name: Josh
Target: Largemouth/smallmouth primarily.
Availability: Anytime Fri-Sun. Weekdays after 5pm.

Currently I do not own my own boat and am looking for a backseat to fish from. No problems with contributing money to the trip, more than happy to do that. I have plenty of gear, but can be selective if space is tight. On a side note, i do have access to a boat on lake desire if anyone wanted to come out and fish with me there. Thanks for reading. Josh

camron.tht.fishing.guy

Im looking for sumeone to fish with im in maytown near tenino im 18 i have no drivers license i cant drive. So if u wanna go anyfurther then olympia well i have to have ride. I am available at all times i dont ever have a busy schedule. Really looking for a partner i hate fishing alone. Ill fish for anything if i know what tackle to use. So let me know. P.s heres my contact info text or call 360 529 1804.

cptlaurion
Angler

Post by cptlaurion » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:41 am

Hey there, I'm an avid fisherman new to the area. Would love to get into the local network and find where the fish are biting and how you're catching them. No boat as of yet so I'm looking for a seat and a fishing buddy or two.
Fishing Preference: Whatever is biting. Currently fishing only fresh water Fish Lake, Lake Washington, Green Lake.
Gear and Tackle: Set up for Trout, Bass, Perch, Panfish, and putting together a catfish setup I'm anxious to use.
Availability: Nearly all day any day. PM me. I'm willing to chip in for gas, bait, chow, or drinks, whatever the case.

downtown98033
Petty Officer

Post by downtown98033 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Name: Patrick
Loc: Kirkland
Target: Large and smallmouth
Available: Sat and Sun all day, M-F after 4 PM
Gear: No boat
Always interested in learning from experienced bass anglers. Looking for a seat on a boat... have $ for gas and chow.
Last edited by downtown98033 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:46 am

Looking to learn from someone about bass and tigers, I have a boat and gear I just need someone to help me learn some techniques. Any one want to go fish? I live in Maple Valley and fish all over. Im off by 4:30 on weekdays and free most weekends.

Aside from that are there any good local guides I could hire?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Oh ya, a great Bass guide is Dave Watkins in Sammamish, he is a member here. He guides on Lake Sammamish often. Ask him to fish Sawyer and see if he wants.;

http://www.watkinsbassfishing.com/
Last edited by Amx on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks Tom :)