Cabo San Lucas Fishing in April

Post your exotic destination fishing reports here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
salmonkiller
Petty Officer

Cabo San Lucas Fishing in April

Post by salmonkiller » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm heading down to cabo at the end of April.

can anyone suggest a guide service or certain charter...

I would like to hook into some Rooster's or something like that.... I dont want to troll around all day for marlin...

rseas
Commander

Re: Cabo San Lucas Fishing in April

Post by rseas » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 pm

I'll see it I can find his contact info but there is a guy (Randy?) that specializes in beach fishing for roosters off the beach on the Pacific side out of Cabo. He loads his clients on a quad and heads off in search of rooster fish, jack crevalle or sierra mackerel.

He and I shared a few cervesas one afternoon after we had met on the beach. He is a great guy and works hard for his clients. Once you hook a rooster in the surf you'll be ruined for life. A 15-30# fish swimming past you in 2' of water at 20 mph leaves a lasting impression...

April is good timing. The surf season is heating up and the chubascos (high winds or Santa Anas) are starting to settle down.

I'm still tied up with work but I'll try to find his contact info.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:39 pm

rseas wrote:I'll see it I can find his contact info but there is a guy (Randy?) that specializes in beach fishing for roosters off the beach on the Pacific side out of Cabo. He loads his clients on a quad and heads off in search of rooster fish, jack crevalle or sierra mackerel.

He and I shared a few cervesas one afternoon after we had met on the beach. He is a great guy and works hard for his clients. Once you hook a rooster in the surf you'll be ruined for life. A 15-30# fish swimming past you in 2' of water at 20 mph leaves a lasting impression...

April is good timing. The surf season is heating up and the chubascos (high winds or Santa Anas) are starting to settle down.

I'm still tied up with work but I'll try to find his contact info.
OK, back again. Captain Randy is no longer operating in the Cabo area, or anywhere else that I can see. An excellent source of info is Jansen Tackle in Cabo their website is http://jansen.mx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I think they work with either the local surf guides or actually offer a guide service. Your trip will be a fishing trip of a life time.

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:08 pm

We have had a timeshare at Cabo 6-7 years and we go down there in Dec with friends who also have timeshares every year. Two of us went out on a charter last Dec, really windy and not too good. No Marlin, Tuna and Dorado and that was it. I'd like to do a surf deal too, sounds like more fun than offshore. But the guide would have to provide transport since we don't rent cars there.

We just picked a boat on the Dock near "The Surfboards" which is a landmark. They were OK, nothing special, just OK. But don't eat the lunch they offer. Out of 14-15 folks in our group, only two of us got stomach problems, me and my bud who went fishing! Didnt hit us until the nt before we flew home, interesting trip home.