Liverwurst / Braunsweiger

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Liverwurst / Braunsweiger

Post by racfish » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 am

I remember as a kid finding a liverwurst sandwich in my school lunch bag. Yukkkk [cursing] ..Now that I've matured (in age) I've grown fond of a liverwurst sandwich.
2 pieces white bread
Dijon mustard
Miracle whip
Fresh lettuce
I am not a big fan of white bread usually but you don't want the bread to overpower the Wurst. How many of you remember Liverwurst as a kid? Try it again and see.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Re: Liverwurst / Braunsweiger

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:04 am

I have always been a Braunsweiger fan. I don't see it in stores much anymore. I always used the stone ground mustard and a big slab of Walla Walla sweet onion. It tasted great but it's hard to have a fairly close conversation with anyone after eating that combination.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:43 am

In high school I worked at butchers store in a small town. We made liverwurst all the time. Not bad, I didn't know any better to not like it. [laugh]

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:00 pm

AJ's Dad wrote:I have always been a Braunsweiger fan. I don't see it in stores much anymore. I always used the stone ground mustard and a big slab of Walla Walla sweet onion. It tasted great but it's hard to have a fairly close conversation with anyone after eating that combination.

I tried it with some sliced White onion. Yumm Yumm.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Hans' German Sausage and Bakery in Burien on 148th has it all. Last time I got the whole end of a tube and squeezed it into my mouth. I pity the person that got too close that day! Pickled head cheese too!!! [blink]

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:37 pm

TrackerPro16 wrote:Hans' German Sausage and Bakery in Burien on 148th has it all. Last time I got the whole end of a tube and squeezed it into my mouth. I pity the person that got too close that day! Pickled head cheese too!!! [blink]
When fishing or crabbing the piers Liverwurst might be the way to go to clear out people standing to close. Between belches and the back end vent everyone will keep their distance. [flapper]

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 pm

I lived in a house with a bunch of guys in my college years. When I was done and working it seemed really hard to keep any food in the fridge. I never had to worry about anyone eating it. I also learned to love buttermilk and a few other delicacies. [biggrin]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!