Lake Washington smallmouth bass

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
will3140
Petty Officer

Lake Washington smallmouth bass

Post by will3140 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 am

I need suggestions as to places to fish from the bank on Lake Washington for smallmouth bass when the weather gets warmer. It seems to me that fishing at the many parks would be a place to start but it would be helpful if someone could recommend parks by name. Thanks in advance.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Re: Lake Washington smallmouth bass

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 am

Try Gene Coulon park in Renton. Lots of shoreline access (dock and shore). All of the parks along the Bellevue and Kirkland shoreline will also get you into bass.

Basically, all or most parks should give you a shot at good bass. I have yet to find a public park on Lake WA where I have been skunked for bass.

will3140
Petty Officer

Post by will3140 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin,

Thanks for the suggestions for finding Lake Washington smallmouth. I have seen some videos of people catching bass from shore and doing very well as to size. Your advice gives me a lot of shoreline to explore with lots of possible fish to catch. If you ever are out at Lake Washington look for a guy wearing a Falcon fishing rod hat... that will be me. Hope to see you out there.

tbrinks
Warrant Officer

Post by tbrinks » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Most of my experience is in Lake Union and more northern parts of Lake Washington for bass. It is an excellent place to fish. Like Shad_Eating_Grin said, Gene Coulon Park in Renton has a boat ramp but also a fishing pier where you can fish. The smallies are everywhere in the lake really.

Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com

will3140
Petty Officer

Post by will3140 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm

tbrinks,

Great looking Smallmouth in your pic attached to your reply. Thanks for your response to my query. I am getting the feeling that there are a number of good places to fish on Lake Washington and Lake Union. I hope to explore both next summer. If you ever go out to either lake and would feel comfortable with a fellow dedicated smallmouth fisherman I would really appreciate if I could come along. Even if you fish from shore I would appreciate the company. Thanks again for your reply and perhaps we will run into each other while fishing Lake Washington and Union.