2017 Pike tally

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Re: 2017 Pike tally

Post by harleypiker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 am

Looks like a pretty small window. I've been glancing at my ice rigging stuff. Often get a real cold snap for 3" of early Dec. ice.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:09 pm

I finally got back after the pike again yesterday after 3 weeks away. It just takes time to travel across 2 states to look at a boat, then go back and get that boat, then get all the appropriate decals and paperwork done to get the boat water ready.
That said, the Packernut and I got after them and managed to catch 5 each. That brings me to 220 on the year. I don't think he's been counting his but he's built up a respectable number for the year.
"You've learned well GrassHopper" :salut:
We both missed a few other fish on the day that could have turned it into a decent numbers day. No big ones. Largest was 29" but the fish are nice and fat this time of year.

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Good for you. There are some left in the lake after all. I was going to go on the nice Friday weather day but got the stomach flu instead [sad] Looks like I am destined for ice fishing after all.

farmer_aa
Petty Officer

Post by farmer_aa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:53 pm

I hope the boat was all you dreamed of, Mark! Mine is not, but with a new main battery, I think I'll get it back in the water again and have an operable big motor. I took the three kids with me for about 2 1/2 hours of trolling motor time on Friday but no hits and no fish to be seen. The water was really low and I barely got to boat out of the water. The south end is getting murkier. Still some green weeds though. I caught a 29" 6 3/4 lb fish the week before. Looks like warm rains might bring the lake level back up to near full pool in a week or so. Good luck!

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:18 am

Thanks Aaron. Yes the boat was amazing and it's going to give me many years of great fishing. I'll get out after them again but think were going to chase something different this weekend.

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Squeezed in a boat day on chainlakes K yesterday before freezeup. Managed a couple of 20's......no, inches; not pounds, darn. Pretty slow. But did get a sharp hit coming into dock. So hard I inadvertently hit thumb bar before I set the hook. line went limp and I thought at first he bit off my steel leader. My line reeled up to reveal only a lure. Gosh, he must have been what?....30, 40 lbs? [wink]

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:44 am

Well it looks like I will finish the year at 221 pike. The Packernut and I hit Cda for the last time on sunday. We got one bite all day and landed that one lone fish. Too much work for one fish has me hanging it up for the year. Unless I try them through the ice that is. Hope everyone had a successful year. I'll get back at em in the spring!