Who carries spring bobbers and jigs in Washington?

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
wlai
Petty Officer

Who carries spring bobbers and jigs in Washington?

Post by wlai » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Thinking about going over the pass this long weekend to have my first try at ice fishing. Probably Curlew as there are reports that there's 5-8". Are there any places that I can pick up jigs and spring bobbers? I have an auger already.

And if anyone has ice condition reports, please share! This will be my first ever ice fishing adventure.

Thanks!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Who carries spring bobbers and jigs in Washington?

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 am

Would help to know where you live. I'm sure if you live in Everett you don't want to drive to Tacoma for stuff. But maybe you would.
Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 am

And ya gotta know that the tackle stores over there would have lots of that stuff. But you sure don't want to depend on them to be open when you get there. So getting the stuff before leaving is a good idea.
Tom.

wlai
Petty Officer

Post by wlai » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 am

I'm from Seattle, and you are right, better to be prepared than to try to find an open side on the dry side!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Seattle, what little I know about Seattle is;

There is a place in Woodenvile, ThreeRivers something some such place. There is a Bass Pro Shops in Marysville I think. There is a Cabell's up there someplace also. There used to be a place in Federal Way, name of Sportco or something. There is Sportsman's Warehouse in Puyallup that might have that stuff, they have lots of stuff. Auburn Sports and Marine might have them. And there are Bass Pro Shops and Cabell's in the Lacy area.

Trouble with this side of the state, we don't have ice fishing, so the stores here might not have stuff that'll work, but I think crappie jigs would be about the same thing.
Last edited by Amx on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 pm

And yes Auburn has spring bobbers. I was there yesterday and saw them as I was getting a different type of bobber. I don't remember what sizes they were/length and such. And I have a few bobbers that I don't need, round ones that are red and white, and a couple pin type. I find these at the lake every year and haul them home most of the time.
Tom.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Amx wrote:And yes Auburn has spring bobbers. I was there yesterday and saw them as I was getting a different type of bobber. I don't remember what sizes they were/length and such. And I have a few bobbers that I don't need, round ones that are red and white, and a couple pin type. I find these at the lake every year and haul them home most of the time.
I finally came to conclusion ...few years ago... that it is ok to throw the red and white plastic bobbers away. I'm still finding them everywhere. I havent used one of those things for anything fishing related since I was a kid.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 pm

A year or 2 ago I gave a bunch to a kid that was fishing. But I've collected more since then.
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 pm

I even 'caught' a 'rodless' bluegill one day. There was this bobber floating all alone. It wiggled a little as I was going over there to get it. The line that WAS going to a rod was broken, but the hook was still there, and a little bitty bluegill on the hook. I released the gill and it swam off energetically. I also have a few small hooks that came with the bobbers I collected.
Tom.