New 2020 Pike tally

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Re: New 2020 Pike tally

Post by harleypiker » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:20 am

Not so fast! I'll make you a good deal on an extra 10" hand auger i have available

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:54 am

AJ's Dad wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:46 am
Looks like I'm done till spring. Good luck out there!!
Real men (like me) Pike fish from their boats all winter. [flapper] :cheers: [flapper] :-" [crying] :scratch:

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 am

Well, at least I have a new goal now. Maybe some day I can become a real man like Rick. [-o<

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:07 pm

[quote="AJ's Dad"
Well, at least I have a new goal now. Maybe some day I can become a real man like Rick. [-o<
[/quote]
I kinda doubt it, but you can try. You should take me out with you sometime, so you can learn from the master. [thumbsup] :-" [blink]
](*,)

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:02 pm

Sounds like I will have to come along and sit between you two!!

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:49 am

I would be happy to take you fellas out on Pend Oreille lake some time.
Maybe you can teach me a thing or two.

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 am

Mostly maybe Rick could show us where all the gill nets are located!!!

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Seriously guys,
we as pike fishermen need to stick together. I'm not sure if any of you have heard of N.I.S.A. The North Idaho Sport-fishing Association. This group of people that range from Fisheries Biologist, Fishing guides, and expert fishermen from all over the inland N.W. that are trying to stop the Gill netting on Lake PO!!! I am proud to say I helped start this group and one of it's board members. We are current seeking other groups and city governments to support your cause, So far we have the support of every Bass, Pike, and Walleye club within 250 miles of Lake P.O. We also have the support of the National Walleye club and the American Bass Association. We have talked to Most of the elected officials in the area and got gotten support from some of them and still working on some. We have an endorsement from the City of Dover that they officially support our cause and tonight we go to the Priest River city council for their support. I would urge anyone that want to help save our fish in lake PO come to this meeting tonite at the Priest River Events Center, Monday nite Dec 7th at 5:30pm for a presentation by N.I.S.A. to the Priest River city council. Not sure if you guys know it, but F&G has plans to gill net all the sloughs on the P.O. River next year. Can you imagin what that is going to do to the Bass fishing in the river???? Please show your support for the cause and come to the meeting tonight. the Priest Riv. Events center is on Hwy 2 just as you come in or leave town on the west side right before the hill.

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Rick,
I'll be there. I assume you meant on the EAST side of town at the base of the hill and not the west side
Chuck

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:42 pm

no its on the west side

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:31 pm

It was an excellent meeting with the Priest River city council. The half hour anti-gillnetting of walleye, bass, pike, white fish, and bull trout presentation was professionally done, convincing, and well-received by the council. Hopefully the coalescing of support from many fronts will continue to increase and culminate in political pressure to bring the F & G to the realization that warm-water fisheries deserve a place in the water along with all other species. We have been battling the same philosophy in Washington state with little light at the end of the tunnel. How delightful it would be to superimpose the Minn. DNR here
(where I grew up and still fish) for awhile and experience fish management rather than fish-killing.

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:17 am

harleypiker wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:31 pm
It was an excellent meeting with the Priest River city council. The half hour anti-gillnetting of walleye, bass, pike, white fish, and bull trout presentation was professionally done, convincing, and well-received by the council. Hopefully the coalescing of support from many fronts will continue to increase and culminate in political pressure to bring the F & G to the realization that warm-water fisheries deserve a place in the water along with all other species. We have been battling the same philosophy in Washington state with little light at the end of the tunnel. How delightful it would be to superimpose the Minn. DNR here
(where I grew up and still fish) for awhile and experience fish management rather than fish-killing.
Very well said Chuck, If you want to start a group in Washington to try the same thing, I'd be first in line.

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Rick, probably not again for me in Wa. You can fix ignorance with education but stupid.....well, that's a tough one.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Well it's official. Somebody smashed my Idaho State catch and release pike record that stood for just under two years.
On October 20th Scott Blahnik topped my 46"er with a whopping 49"er.
Congratulations to him for releasing a monster like that!! I have no idea if he was dead baiting or using artificial lures but either way that's a true giant!! Now I have something to shoot at! Not like I wasn't trying to catch one that big already LOL
Maybe next year.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/fish/record/catch-and-release