Snake river today

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
j7intheboat
Angler

Snake river today

Post by j7intheboat » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:23 pm

We went out on the Snake to do some bottom fishing. We caught a bunch peamouth chub, one pikeminow, and a 6 pound channel cat. We kept the cat and fried him up for lunch. I have some pics but I am waiting for them to be e-mailed to me
Everybody loves the truth until they disagree with it.

Jay S
Petty Officer

RE:Snake river today

Post by Jay S » Wed May 02, 2007 10:27 am

Hi j7 hows it been when do the cats get real active down there ive been want to try the snake for some time for those cats.

j7intheboat
Angler

Post by j7intheboat » Wed May 02, 2007 10:45 am

Jay S. The catfishing is already starting. I posted some pics on the other BB I'll try to get some up on here. Catfishing will be good through september. It might be the only thing worth catching this spring because it is not looking good for salmon. IDFG is having their meeting on friday to decide if there is going to be a salmon season or not.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:19 am

j7, I saw that on Piscatorial pursuits...Nice post! Nice fish as wel...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Jay S
Petty Officer

Post by Jay S » Wed May 02, 2007 12:05 pm

J7 thanks again for the info the trip me and my grandpa took to fish for springers was fun but I still never caught a salmon. My grandpa boated about a 10lber so that was cool. I did manage to catch a 9 in smolt lol. So I hope they do alow some type of season. If you ever have any spare room or are willing to show me some spots for those cats I can get a boat down there. Let me know what you think.

j7intheboat
Angler

Post by j7intheboat » Wed May 02, 2007 1:53 pm

No problem Jay S. I usually have a seat open in my boat or if you want to drag your boat down I can show where to find'em. You can even bank fish for them without any problems exept for bugs. Some of the bigger fish I have caught have been at night time but a cloudy day works pretty good too. This rain may dirty up the rivers a little bit (sometimes good sometimes bad) Drop me a PM and maybe we could line something up.