Any Pinks left?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tobeka
Angler

Any Pinks left?

Post by tobeka » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi guys,

I'm kind of new to Salmon fishing and I was wondering if there were any rivers with active pinks left in em? I would have gone sooner but I was stuck in Iraq so it really wasn't an option back during the prime rush.

I'm not looking to keep them, so don't really care about the color of them. I just would like to take my daughter and son out and try and get them to hook into a fish or two. If any of you had any pointers I would really appreciate it. I live around Fort Lewis so it would be great if any of the rivers close by were active but if not, I definetly can drive somewhere else.

Thanks for all of your help. Good luck fishing to you!

Dan

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Any Pinks left?

Post by Toni » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:18 pm

The Carbon River by Orting still has them in. I didn't catch any today but I did Thursday and Wednesday and Tuesday. Check the Carbon River reports in the River report section. It would be a bit of a drive from Yelm.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:37 pm

I have yet to get down to the Nisqually myself. Some friends from work have been fishing it for a few weeks and have had some decent luck with a few Silvers and Kings. The Nisqually is much closer to you than the Carbon if you don't feel like going that far, but don't think there are many Pinks around if any at all. Good Luck!

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:59 pm

The Snohomish River up in my area still has some pinks left, but they are getting pretty dark. They have been hitting the Dick Nites better than the jigs lately, which is typical for this time of the run. There is a few to be caught still though.

The silvers are starting to show in decent numbers right now. I will be going out of the boat tomarrow after them.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:26 pm

The Puyallup and the green both still have some, although they are getting dark. I did get one fresh one out of the Puyallup the other day...

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Any luck for you mallard with the coho's??
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:33 am

I have been gone all weekend, but I fished the green almost everyday last week and there is still a good number there. On Monday we caught 6 pinks and a king, Tuesday we got skunked, Wednesday we caught 3 pinks and Thursday we caught 1 pink. Every day we were there we saw a good amount of pinks/kings/silvers jumping and get a lot of bites. We are still using hoochies. Pink is still producing but green is working better, then add any shrimp scent. But they are getting pretty ugly, but are still fun to catch.

tobeka
Angler

Post by tobeka » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:23 am

Thanks guys,

I'm going to try and head out to a couple of these places this week and see if I can get my kids hooked into a salmon. Good luck fishing all!

Dan

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:46 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Any luck for you mallard with the coho's??
Yeah, my bother and I went upriver from Snohomish in the boat and managed to get one in the boat. We also got a whole bunch of dark humpies. My brother caught the Silver, it was a nice chrome hooknose that was about 12 lbs. We were fishing Wee Dick Nites in 50/50. There were a lot of big silvers jumping around but they seemed to be pretty lock jawed. I am sure we would have managed another silver or two, but we were only able to stay out for a couple of hours. All the other boats that we talked to only caught humpies, so I guess our outing wasn't to bad considering we only were out in the crappy weather for about 2 1/2 hours.

LM
Petty Officer

Post by LM » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:52 am

[quote="Jake Dogfish"]The Puyallup and the green both still have some, although they are getting dark. I did get one fresh one out of the Puyallup the other day...[/quot

isnt the green closed past i-5 bridge???

i havent been in the area either since july i missed the big rush on the puyallup

LM
Petty Officer

Post by LM » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 am

opps
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:20 am

LM wrote:isnt the green closed past i-5 bridge???
According to the regs,
The Duwamish (from Puget Sound to 1st Ave S bridge) is open unit Oct 31st
The Green is open now (since Oct 1st) up to the Auburn/Black Diamond Bridge and closes Dec 31st.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

LM
Petty Officer

Post by LM » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:40 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
LM wrote:isnt the green closed past i-5 bridge???
According to the regs,
The Duwamish (from Puget Sound to 1st Ave S bridge) is open unit Oct 31st
The Green is open now (since Oct 1st) up to the Auburn/Black Diamond Bridge and closes Dec 31st.
cool i check it out....

only up to the 277th st bridge???so only by the kent soccer fields is open game
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:16 am

I have been hitting the SnoHo up the past couple of days and all the pinks I have seen are all very dark. The edge of the river has a lot of dead ones on it. However the river seems to be pretty full of Coho's. As a matter of fact I got a 10lber today. Tobeka your kids will love it if you get a hook in a Coho.
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay