Nets are up

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
shawn
Commander

RE:Nets are up

Post by shawn » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Being as passionate as fishermen are about fishing, some heated debates can result from the whole issue about indian netting and harvesting practices, and of course, every fishermen has their own beliefs and mindsets on it. They are entitled to those beliefs, but I just don't think that now is the time and here is the place to argue about them.
I am not against debate, in fact I enjoy debating on issues such as this one, but I don't want anything to get any worse around here.
I totally understand what you are saying and I am pretty passionate about fishing and like my girlfriend can verify I like to debate about thing I have passion for,Thanks for derailing this before it got to epic size like some other threads have been around here lately.The after effects of those threads have taken some really good Men and there great perspective and insight with them.Thanks for looking out.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:58 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:I would still be interested to learn how to get ahold of a netting schedule - Do they publish one for each river? It would come in handy when planning where to go and when....
The tribe's net schedule hotline is 1-800-347-4669.

noclothes1
Lieutenant

Post by noclothes1 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:26 pm

Please don't let this newly formed river section go south like the bass forum. That would be a shame.
"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:34 pm

oneshot wrote:The tribe's net schedule hotline is 1-800-347-4669.
Thanks oneshot!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:13 pm

Well thanks for the education on the netting thing. If it is a salom I suppose that it is not that bad. Yes lets not trash the river forum. I will say I value each persons honesty here in that they are willing to say how they feel and the integrity to do it in a polite fashion. Also I am speaking to this particular thread. Hey do they net on the Snohomish River at all? Thanks guys!
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:39 pm

Sam, that picture is crazy. My buddy said there is nets like every 100 yards and I didnt believe him, but he wasnt too far off.

Edmonds, as far as I know pretty much every river that gets a big run, also gets nest. I could be wrong about the Snoho though

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Thanks Garrett! How have you been doing on the river lately? I got a nice one out of the Snoho the other day! You should come up this way and hit the Snoho.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:55 pm

EdmondsBassMan wrote:Thanks Garrett! How have you been doing on the river lately? I got a nice one out of the Snoho the other day! You should come up this way and hit the Snoho.
No problem Jason. I haven't hit up the river since last Thursday. I was gone for the weekend and then the nets went up, but hopefully tomorrow I will get a shot at it. But we were doing pretty good down there, but only on pinks and the occasional king. I really want to hit up the Snoho or any other river for that matter, but truth be told, I still havnt figured out the green yet lol. I mean pinks yeah, but who hasnt? So if I were to go all the way up there chances I would come home with nothing, I can do that down here lol. But the snoho and the puyallup are both high on my list. If I make my way up there though I will let you know.

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:05 am

GPC Yes you are correct in that you may not catch something but that is what makes it so worth while!LOL
Not sure what you are using but try the usaul lures in green,chartreuse,silver. Keep me posted and we can trade some info if you want. Also a public thank you for what you offered in your PM! You rock!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:57 am

gpc wrote:Sam, that picture is crazy. My buddy said there is nets like every 100 yards and I didnt believe him, but he wasnt too far off.

Edmonds, as far as I know pretty much every river that gets a big run, also gets nest. I could be wrong about the Snoho though
Unless it's changed, for any tribe to fish a river, the river has to have run through land that was at least once claimed by the tribe. So yeah pretty much most all rivers. Although it looks rather unorganized it's rather tightly regulated by the Tribes and State as to when and where and with what.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

LM
Petty Officer

Post by LM » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:16 am

for all you worried that none getting past the nets..they are...they were jumping yesterday evening....seen about 8 jump in like 15 minutes

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:30 am

They don't leave the nets in 24 hours a day seven days a week, so they do get by. And 8 jumping in 15 minutes is not many fish at all..
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

LM
Petty Officer

Post by LM » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:28 pm

well i just past the netting area and there are NO!!! nets

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Good. I think most rivers get netted 3 or 4 days a week.

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:39 pm

Does anyone know if the Tulalip Tribe nets on the Snohomish River? The reservation is right by the mouth correct?

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:40 pm

I have never heard of them netting the Snoh, but that does come as a shock to me now that I think about it.