River Fishing Tips and Techniques Grab Bag!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
buzzardbait2
Petty Officer

Re: River Fishing Tips and Techniques Grab Bag!

Post by buzzardbait2 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:35 pm

for those of you trying to figure out when and where to go on the Columbia and snake river I will post a great resource. all you have to do is watch the fish counts at the dams and plan your trips accordingly. most dams can be accessed for fishing upstream or downstream of the dams without a boat, when the fish count and the water temp is good, GO FISHING THERE!! water temps. are very important, if the temp. is to high they will only bite occasionally even when there are thousands of them. you will be able to see them swarming upstream from dam to dam.

http://www.fpc.org/currentdaily/7day-ytd_Adults.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

buzzardbait2
Petty Officer

Post by buzzardbait2 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:17 pm

they no longer will sell the pink cerise tad polly with the black head otherwise known on the peninsula as doctor death! all tad pollies are going away.

buzzardbait2
Petty Officer

Post by buzzardbait2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:48 pm

THERE AIN'T NO HEAD LIKE STEELHEAD:)

ilove2catch
Angler

Post by ilove2catch » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 am

Is it really possible to catch https://www.pinfishing.com/fishing/catch/preview/4015
such a big sturgeon?

MGTom
Petty Officer

Post by MGTom » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:32 pm

skagit510 wrote:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:21 pm
keep a journal. water flow, clarity, success or failure with a date and weather conditions. get your friends to do the same then compare and share. its the old school version of some of the things this site provides. also, fish allot fish hard. be ever observant to all the details and ask those that you see as being successful for advice. a beverage will help loosen lips. info is generally far less guarded when asked about on the river. i know that if i see someone on the river from time to time there is,a repiore built even without speaking and I'm very likely to assist in any way to help them being successful. lastly, have fun, enjoy the skunks along with the banner days.
I agree, keep a log, you won't remember as much as you think. Also, don't be afraid to share. Those willing to do the work will be rewarded, others will just stay away. There are enough fish for those going at it.