FAQ Contact Forum Reports

Skookumuchuck river

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you

Skookumuchuck river

Postby DriftingTheNorthwest » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 pm

I am heading out to the Skook most likely this weekend on Saturday and the flow is looking to be a little over 1000 and I was not sure of that being too high for fishing this river since it is such a small river. Thanks in advance
DriftingTheNorthwest
Petty Officer

Re: Skookumuchuck river

Postby 253Caster » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:55 pm

It should be fishable, but the recent storm runoff really dirtied up the water last couple weeks and the fishing hasnt been too good from what I am hearing. Good luck!
253Caster
Petty Officer

Postby DriftingTheNorthwest » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Ok thanks, most likely ill stick to plunking then
DriftingTheNorthwest
Petty Officer

Postby dj2loud » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:21 am

Im planning on trip this week after night shift in seattle....... should be able to get up to bloody run by 7 am
dj2loud
Warrant Officer

Postby Peduncle » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:22 pm

Big mudslide upstream this year it's a goner I'm afraid to say. 6" of vis but if you get lucky and fish hard you might find one that will play. It's been a real bummer considering there is no lack of opportunity
Peduncle
Angler

Postby dj2loud » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:39 pm

This runs a total mess....... Won't be driving down there again anytime soon.....
dj2loud
Warrant Officer

Postby Peduncle » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 am

Had it reached maximum occupancy on Saturday DJ? Tuesday's are bad enough!!!
Peduncle
Angler

Postby dj2loud » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:17 am

'Been a lot of things happening on the SKOOK..... River Junky's is doing a clean up this coming weekend after hearing about the trash and the needles being left all over the place, yes folks NEEDLES!!!! Not something anyone wants to ever have to clean up but RIVER JUNKIES IS DOING IT ALL OVER WASHINGTON ! They always need volunteers! Kudos
dj2loud
Warrant Officer

Postby Fishin'Daze » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 am

I was there yesterday (Thursday) and picked up a bag full of garbage didn't see any needles though but wasn't looking for them. The river's visibility is ok 2 ft or so but alot of water coming down. Most of the areas I normally fish were under water and flows were faster than normal. Did see 1 fish caught - 5 or so lbs - but I didn't get any takers. Still a great day outdoors. Please pick up your garbage and cigarette butts. I guess it's time to get the boat out.
Fishin'Daze
Petty Officer

Postby bkawafishin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Was thinking of going tomorrow to the skook. Last time I went it was still pretty high and dirty at about 6.8ft. anyone been lately that can comment on river conditions? Would appreciate a reply or pm from anyone in the know. Thanks.
bkawafishin
Petty Officer

Postby pugetsoundfishinguy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 pm

low and a little dirty today, 2ft of visibility 447cfs at the bloody run gage but alot better than its been...some bright fish pushing upriver after last week's rain. good luck it's probably worth the trip or head the cow...it's heating up.
pugetsoundfishinguy
Angler

Return to River Fishing