• Skookumuchuck river

  • A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules: Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
 #235720  by Juniah87
 Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm
There is though. See pictures below.Circled contradictions.
Attachments
regs.jpg
access site.jpg
 #235723  by Juniah87
 Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:39 am
I don't understand what you are trying to say. One page says it is open year round, another says it is not. Both say it is Blue Creek. Both also say it is a tributary of the Cowlitz...
 #235724  by Onmygame
 Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:59 am
Juniah87 wrote:I don't understand what you are trying to say. One page says it is open year round, another says it is not. Both say it is Blue Creek. Both also say it is a tributary of the Cowlitz...


You posted two screen shots that appear to you to contradict each other - they do not.

One is of seasons, species, dates, limits, etc.

The other is of Water Access Areas (as can be seen at top of page) - in this case, Blue Creek. The Blue Creek WATER ACCESS AREA is open year around. For access.

onmygame
 #235733  by Juniah87
 Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 am
Ohhh, that doesn't have anything to do with the FISHERY REGULATIONS, I feel like an idiot now, hahahaha #-o #-o
 #235738  by Onmygame
 Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:05 am
Not to worry - many of us are not immune to such oversights, it happens. Particularly when trying to wade through the regs and all that is attached to them.

onmygame
 #235803  by Fishin'Daze
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 am
Dido on what Onmygame said. WA regulations can be frustrating to figure out. One would think the regs could be done/written so to make it easier to decipher. Gotta wonder if purposely done - not to sound negative - but why?
 #235827  by Scheindogg
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 pm
Juniah87 wrote:I'm a bit confused, according to the WDFW's public access site list, blue creek is open year round, but according to the regulations pamphlet it is closed after april 14th until June 1st...? Which one is correct? Also, Skookumchuck river only open another 2 weeks for steelhead? Seems to be quite a bit of contradiction in the online resources WDFW has.

People say they fish blue creek but in reality are fishing a hole in the cowlitz, very close to blue creek but they are not fishing the creek itself. If that's what you were maybe wondering?
 #235829  by Juniah87
 Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:22 am
Not really, I just didn't realize when the WDFW public access site said a certain access point is open year around, it didn't mean the river was open for fishing year around, the river system's season is completely independent of the water access' closures. That one really threw me for a loop.
 #235833  by riverhunter
 Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 am
Juniah87 wrote:Not really, I just didn't realize when the WDFW public access site said a certain access point is open year around, it didn't mean the river was open for fishing year around, the river system's season is completely independent of the water access' closures. That one really threw me for a loop.

Well the cowlitz is open year round for fishing even around blue creek. Like scheindogg said it is the creek itself that the regulations have set a season for.
 #235929  by strider43
 Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am
Juniah87 wrote:I'm a bit confused, according to the WDFW's public access site list, blue creek is open year round, but according to the regulations pamphlet it is closed after april 14th until June 1st...? Which one is correct? Also, Skookumchuck river only open another 2 weeks for steelhead? Seems to be quite a bit of contradiction in the online resources WDFW has.



You have to be careful about info on the WDFW website as it has had completely bogus information on it in the past. The sad part is when you call for clarification the people who answer the phone are all but clueless.