How old are your waders?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spokey9
Captain

How old are your waders?

Post by spokey9 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 am

While i was cleaning and hanging my waders this morning, I got to thinking about how old my waders were. My wife bought them for me as an early Christmas present back in the beginning of December '10. They're Simms freestones and a year into owning them I had a seam start to leak and they swapped me out with a new pair. They've been keeping me dry since. I'm bad about hanging them or cleaning them most the time. Not to mention I bushwhack through some stuff I shouldn't in them and they've seen a lot of miles on the river lol. Who else got some old reliable waders that are still going strong?
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: How old are your waders?

Post by BentRod » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 am

I got mine fall of 2009. Cabala's GII stocking foot. Treated 4 pinholes along the inner seam of the thighs two years ago with Aquaseal, but otherwise still working well. Just replaced my boots last Christmas (also Cabela's).

spokey9
Captain

Re: How old are your waders?

Post by spokey9 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:19 am

I've had no luck with boots lol. They seem to be a yearly thing for me.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.