Pen-Tac B.C. Steel Spoons: Where are they?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TyeeMatt
Petty Officer

Pen-Tac B.C. Steel Spoons: Where are they?

Post by TyeeMatt » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:01 am

I've fished these spoons for years and they are starting to get really hard to find. Has anyone seen these in local, Puget Sound-area shops? My local shop stopped carrying them because of their price. My buddy and I call them the "$10 spoon", which is true, but they are unmatched in my mind in regard to how many fish they catch. No one does plating like they do. Their website is vague and seemingly unchanged in the past couple years, and they only sell in bulk...which at this point I'm on board with being that they're not being carried in any shops. I know Herzog endorses them and I've had friends pick me up some when they see them, but those opportunities are few and far between. Anyone see these in stores? I'm specifically looking for the 2/5 oz. 50/50 spoons.
http://rainiervalleyangler.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spokey9
Captain

Re: Pen-Tac B.C. Steel Spoons: Where are they?

Post by spokey9 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:19 am

Cabela's had them last time I was there. Though expensive, the 50/50 is amazing for cold temp winter steel.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

TyeeMatt
Petty Officer

Post by TyeeMatt » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 am

Cabela's only has the 1/4 oz. ones on their site. If anyone's seen the 2/5oz. 50/50s in person I'll head up there. Thanks for looking out!

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:28 pm

You might check with 3 Rivers Marine in Woodinville or Sportsman's Warehouse in Federal Way. The Sportsman's Warehouse in the TriCities still carries them, but I hear you on those getting hard to find. A friend of mine now orders in bulk, so we'all split an order now and again. The 2/5 silver is hard to beat for winter Steel! Expensive, but they work pretty darn well.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Someone told me the sportsmans warehouse in everett was full......

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm glad sportmans warehouse opened up in Everett. So far bought a pistol and plenty fishing gear from them!!!!

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:32 pm

They are bit higher priced then i'm used to but then again I buy in bulk... Just like the $4.29 buzz bombs for .50 each last year............... They really haven't been producing this year......

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:31 am

Just went there on Saturday and they do have the Pen-Tac B.C. Steel Spoons. Sportsman warehouse in Everett that is

Peduncle
Angler

Post by Peduncle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:30 am

Unless you're buying from Sara at Pentac then you're over paying big time. $10 YIKES!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 am

I've seen them at OE too so I would guess at Sportco too. If you're near any of them.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

TyeeMatt
Petty Officer

Post by TyeeMatt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks for scouting them out for me fellas. I'll try and make a trip up to Everett and see if I can snag some. OE and Sportco stopped carrying them because of the cost/lack of profit on selling them., Peduncle you said that you're buying them bulk from "Sara at Pentac"? I suppose this means they're still up and running as a business. I may try and contact them too again and get a bulk order in. One order and I should be set for at least a decade of seasons.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:29 pm

just picked up a few at cabela's in marysville, they have them in stock at $6.49