Pend Orellie bass

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jmay
Lieutenant

Pend Orellie bass

Post by jmay » Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 am

Anyone fish the Pend Orille between Newport and Usk. Is it worth the drive up from Spokane. Any hints on what the bass up there are looking for.

Jay S
Petty Officer

RE:Pend Orellie bass

Post by Jay S » Tue May 15, 2007 12:58 pm

I havent fished this area for bass sorry but i can tell you I just read an article about guys going up there and catching huge pike. The reason i bring this up is because he also said he was having fun catching bass as well on the pike lures. I was just thinking about heading around the same area but im not to framiliar with that river and how easy it is to navigate so i need to talk my buddy in to going up there and trying for some pike. Good luck if you go up there.

Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

Post by Basshunter046 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:03 am

jmay, I've fished this section a few times with a friend of mine that lives just out of Newport. There's a lot of nice Bass water up in the creek channels and coves off the main River. We seem to do the best on the stumps, brush, tree overhangs, and grass buildups along the shore. I usually run pig and jigs, spinnerbaits, suspending crankbaits, and small worms and lizards texas rigged. O and yes watch for the big O toothy critters, we've gotten em up to the 20lb range and have seen crusers that will go around the 30lb range. 8-[

Wilkstr
Petty Officer

Post by Wilkstr » Tue May 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Jmay..... I sent you a PM:-#
Pend Oreille Bass
Attachments
jw5lb.JPG
jw5lb.JPG (141.44 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 29, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<*)))))><