Forum Guidelines and Expectations

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Forum Guidelines and Expectations

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:10 pm

I would ask that readers posting reports, comments, or Forum topics refrain from the use of foul language. This site has always prided itself on being "G" rated and we will keep it that way. My kids (and many other people's kids) read this site. Please let me know if anyone posts inappropriate or vulgar language. We will delete and ask the member to not repeat such language. Repeat violations will have membership revoked. Thank you.

ALSO, ABSOLUTELY NO HARASSING COMMENTS TO FELLOW MEMBERS OR YOU FACE BEING BANNED FROM THIS WEB SITE.

THAT INCLUDES "CALLING OUT" MEMBERS IN THEIR FISHING REPORTS OR POSTS, AND USE OF THE PM SYSTEM.

We also ask that you not use this site to promote fishing guides, charters, resorts, or businesses that are not advertisers on this site. We value the advertisers that allow this site to exist, and allowing other businesses free advertising is not fair to our sponsors.

You may not use the name of your business as your User Name, unless you are a sponsor of the site.

PLEASE LIMIT FORUM POST PICTURES TO 800x600 size.

Please do not use the forums or report comments to promote other fishing web sites. It's rude behavior and will be edited out when viewed. If you do create a link please use the forum's "Create Link" option to hide the website address. This includes signature lines.

Don't use the Forums to complain about issues that should be privately resolved, rather than airing out "dirty laundry" in public.

Questions regarding administrative decisions will be answered by e-mail, and not debated on a public forum. We reserve the right to delete posts or topics that we determine are not appropriate to the web site, or that have no redeeming value, or that are intended to cause disharmony and disruption of the site. Users who make such posts may be warned or given suspensions, to be determined by Admin, and on a case by case basis.

The forums are for fishing related conversations, or off topic items, not for private matters.

We ask the following consideration regarding guides that AREN'T sponsors of WL.com:

We have guides that pay to be sponsors on WL.com. That in turn pays for the costs of keeping WL.com online. When a guide that isn't a sponsor on this site gets a free mention (and in turn gets a new client), that isn't fair to the guides that ARE sponsors and support the site. So we ask people making posts to not mention the names/web sites of non-sponsor guides
I really don't want to belabor the issue any more, it's just a courtesy I'll ask people when I do see it occasionally happen. Thanks guys!.

Posts to this website, whether by fishing reports, forum posts, comments, or any other means are voluntary and as such the poster surrenders all copyright and use to Digital Anglers LLC/WashingtonLakes.com.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bustin
Warrant Officer

RE:Appropriate Language and Posts for this Forum and Website, USE POLICY - please review

Post by bustin » Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm

I really appreciate these standards and commend you for keeping this site clean as it offers a enjoyable environment for all.

cole steffens
Petty Officer

RE:Appropriate Language and Posts for this Forum and Website, USE POLICY - please review

Post by cole steffens » Fri May 04, 2007 3:17 am

great site great information thanks for keepin it clean
if we are good to are lakes and streams they will be good to us

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Tue May 15, 2007 12:30 pm

I have always enjoyed this site and the information that I can find on fishing for fresh, salt, or intrresting post on the zippers. Please do not change your standard. And leave the politics to the other guys, lets go fishing.

Fish-on

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:51 am

It's that time of year again. ](*,)

Some members feel like they have to comment about catch and release when a guy does well and posts about it. Aaron and I support an angler's right to legally keep fish if WDFW allows them to do so. If you are a catch and release guy that's fine, but please do not harrase other for their right to decide to keep their catch. It's rude, out of line, and will not be tolerated.

I'm actually pretty P/Oed about this because when guys that post fishing reports get harrassed, they stop posting reports. So be warned:

LET ME BE CRYSTAL CLEAR - IF YOU SEND A FELLOW MEMBER A HOSTILE PM OR COMMENT AND THEY NOTIFY ME WITH THAT PM OR COMMENT FOR PROOF, YOU WILL BE BANNED. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS SITE BEING USED FOR ABUSING FELLOW ANGLERS.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:54 am

It's that time of year again. ](*,)

Some members feel like they have to comment about catch and release when a guy does well and posts about it. Aaron and I support an angler's right to legally keep fish if WDFW allows them to do so. If you are a catch and release guy that's fine, but please do not harrase other for their right to decide to keep their catch. It's rude, out of line, and will not be tolerated.

I'm actually pretty P/Oed about this because when guys that post fishing reports get harrassed, they stop posting reports. So be warned:

LET ME BE CRYSTAL CLEAR - IF YOU SEND A FELLOW MEMBER A HOSTILE PM OR COMMENT AND THEY NOTIFY ME WITH THAT PM OR COMMENT FOR PROOF, YOU WILL BE BANNED. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS SITE BEING USED FOR ABUSING FELLOW ANGLERS.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:49 pm

I know what you mean Mike.
I have seen alot of guys out there breaking the law, and have reported them to the WDFW. Then you have people who are doing things the right way and are successful, being harrassed. Its crazy, I think mostly people are jealous.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
Thank you Mike. It is reassuring to know that 98% of WL.com members make it a fun site, full of vibrant discussions, sometimes heated but friendly debates, and lots of useful and informative information. It's that time of year when more people begin posting and entering the site, and I am aware that I am a target of great criticism, for whatever reasons, however unjust they may be. I WILL report any harrassment and/or vulgar language directly to a moderator for swift review. I would like to keep posting and keep people informed; my intent is not to decimate the fishery; just take what I need to smoke and eat. I appreciate most all members support and encouragement. You're truly what makes WL.com thrive!

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:03 pm

yes thank you very much mike for keeping it clean
i feel bad if anyone has had offensive langauge used against them

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm

I'd like to think the number is 99.9%...

foul language is one thing, but verbal and physical threats takes it to a very ugly place.

you have no idea how disruptive this has been to a good member of this website. I'll tell you what, this makes me want to g fish lake Washington and take out 5 cutts just to show my support. Wish I was that good an angler...

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:48 pm

yeah mike that would be a great idea go take like ten people out there and take 5 each to show our support i was very dissapointed to hear of this happening to kk

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:00 pm

It was nice "meeting" all you. Perhaps we'll cross paths further down the road. For those members that crossed-the-lines with me in the last 4 days, don't think you got away with anything, because you haven't. I know who you are, I'm man enough not to rat each one of you out, one by one. Pathetic some of you...I'm sorry it came to this. I did nothing wrong but keep my legal limit. Good-bye WL.com members, I loved 99.99999% of you guys and gals.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:25 am

Mike, thanks for upholding the peace of this site.

i was so happy when you removed a past member for harrassing me. it showed me you really care about the contributors to this site

thanks again you and Aaron are doing A+++++ work.:thumleft:
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 pm

I just got back from a two day trip to Eastern Washington with my 17 year old, looking at colleges.

I see we had a bit of high drama while I was away. Withou getting into specifics, I'll mention a couple things.

After being at this for ten plus years I have seen guys come and go a lot. Any number of reasons for that. Many times they'll reappear years later and sometimes not. Sometimes they leave angry about one thing or another and swear they will find another site to post on. That's OK, it's a big internet out there. I'm kinda biased and personally doubt they will find quite what we have here. In any case, to each there own, best of luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

There's no such thing as a perfect thing, and that includes web site forums. It's unfortunate when people feel they have to make a big public issue out of something best handled privately, or by coming to the moderators. That is why we have moderators, after all.

OK, I guesss that's all I have to say. Lots of chores waiting for me after my little trip. later...

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 am

Mike Carey wrote: ALSO, ABSOLUTELY NO HARASSING COMMENTS TO FELLOW MEMBERS OR YOU FACE BEING BANNED FROM THIS WEB SITE.
This seems to be gaining steam (harrassing of others peoples' fishing reports). For those that are harrassed, simply just notify a moderator and it will be taken care of; rather than taking it into your own hands. More times than not, the people that make these comments are not forum contributers and just lurk for people to pounce on and reports to peel apart & chastize. It's unacceptable. They people are full of negativity/and zeal, and carry a heavy "pain-body." Ignoring the comments or being sarcastic is really the best way to respond, rather than "snapping" back. Snapping back just makes it that much more worse...nonreaction is sometimes the best REACTION. A great German proverb goes... "Revenge converts a little right into a great wrong." Enough said.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:19 pm

Love the standard, G-rated, without any doubt--- that is Awesome.

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:38 pm

I support you 100 percent. Keep up the good work.:cheers:

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Hmmmmm, something tells me that calling other members 'moron' would not be appropriate conversation. I'm sure fishinislife would agree with that.

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat May 10, 2008 8:56 pm

beerman1981 wrote:Hmmmmm, something tells me that calling other members 'moron' would not be appropriate conversation. I'm sure fishinislife would agree with that.

Beerman
Just got back from Salem, OR, saw this comment and have warned the member. Thank you. As Kutt said earlier, please PM me with the instance. With so many reports and comments being posted I can easily miss something like this - I really depend on all the members to to let us know when something offensive is posted.