Lake WA perch

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Lake WA perch

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:43 am

Hi guys

I may try for some yellow perch this week at lake wa.

Are the schools of perch still roaming at the edges of the weed lines or have they moved into the deeper water in the lake, or somewhere in between? Have somewhat tight schedule and so I would like to hit the water depths where I have the best chances and minimize searching time.

Thanks all.

tooboocoo
Petty Officer

Re: Lake WA perch

Post by tooboocoo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:39 am

I have been out after bass the last three weeks. At first, there were clouds of perch chasing anything I was throwing. Last week, I saw very few which leads me to believe they have moved deeper. Water temp is still around 60-61 degrees. Good luck.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:40 pm

rseas posted a Lake Washington report last week that focused on perch (having had no luck with the coho). Check it out, lots of good info:

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... id=477&t=1

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:15 pm

You are going to find the majority of the larger perch are now in waters below the weedline. I've been catching them in 30' to 50' of water. The shelf along Arrowhead Point is absolutely loaded with bait and perch. Groat Point is also doing well and so is the East Channel south of Pleasure Point. Just look for the clouds of bait on your sonar, the perch are right there with them.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:20 pm

I found them a few weeks ago anywhere from 50-80 fow near or south of kirkland. Also caught alot of large perch in the small 55 ft deep hole just of off the I 90 Bellevue launch.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"