American Lake(Pierce Co.)

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
JAYDOG
Petty Officer

American Lake(Pierce Co.)

Post by JAYDOG » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:50 pm

So no one is fishing American lake and posting anymore ? Or am I just Antsy and it's too early?

spokey9
Captain

Re: American Lake(Pierce Co.)

Post by spokey9 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:04 pm

This is the time of year I used to target big trout over on the Lakewood side of the lake. But I haven't had the chance to do that in a couple seasons since I moved North of seattle.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm

I've been looking for posts on American as well, and have noticed the same. But to be fair, I think posting for almost everywhere has dropped off. My take is, fishing for the past couple of years has been significantly below what it was leading up to then, for most species. No idea why, though.

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:03 am

American Lake is my sons and my go to lake for 'bows and kokes.

We generally run two rods each when any combination of the three of us are out - one each on a downrigger for kokes and one on top for rainbows.

Wedding ring spinners with tipped with pink Gulp Maggots on the DRs, and same spinner outfitted with crawler pieces for topwater. We usually limit or get close to it.

The kokes in recent years have'nt begun to show for us in any numbers until the end of March at soonest, while 'bows start up at the beginning of the month.

None of us have been out yet this year, but soon we will be - and will of course post a report.

onmygame

JAYDOG
Petty Officer

Post by JAYDOG » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Thanks, I was just thinking of taking the boat out for a spring shakedown/test new prop on my main. Thought American might be producing already , so it would be a win-win. Thanks for the insight again.