Sprague Lake Questions

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
strikezone
Petty Officer

Sprague Lake Questions

Post by strikezone » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 am

I'm trying to find out what length of leader to use on a #7 Berkley Flicker Shad when trolling at Sprague lake. Also if it's trolled on a mono line or on a lead core line to help get it down a little bit? How long a setback works best? Ect? Any help will be very appreciated. I have heard Fishindoc is quite knowledgeable on how to use these. Thanks
Denny

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Re: Sprague Lake Questions

Post by hewesbob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 am

We troll #7 Flicker Shad all the time. We attach it to a swivel on the the main mono line (no leader) set back about 100' -130' and troll about 2-3 mph. With that set back you should be fishing about 12-15 foot deep. Watch your electronics because Sprague lake is only about 19-20 foot deep in the deepest spots. Good Luck

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Sprague Lake Questions

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 am

hewesbob wrote:We troll #7 Flicker Shad all the time. We attach it to a swivel on the the main mono line (no leader) set back about 100' -130' and troll about 2-3 mph. With that set back you should be fishing about 12-15 foot deep. Watch your electronics because Sprague lake is only about 19-20 foot deep in the deepest spots. Good Luck
How I did it last time I fished Sprague, used same setup as I do at Roosevelt.

Report from last time I fished Sprague, but it was spring vs winter and 5yrs ago - http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... ails/31463
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount