Crawfish, carp and trout, underwater trap footage

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Blywulf
Angler

Crawfish, carp and trout, underwater trap footage

Post by Blywulf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 am

I decided to throw a camera inside of my crawfish trap, the water was crystal clear so it was awesome to get that video! Check it out!

https://youtu.be/T1kPtiD5v3M

18ftTrophy
Warrant Officer

Re: Crawfish, carp and trout, underwater trap footage

Post by 18ftTrophy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm

I think your video says a lot. Your bait needs to be so it can't feed the crawfish outside the trap. and put the opening facing deep water so that is the side they come to first. Good show!

Tanker5455
Angler

Post by Tanker5455 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:02 am

Wait, you can fish with traps instead of using just a rod and a lure? Sounds like I have to crawl out of my den more often to learn about the new techniques... Are there legal limitations to that?

Blywulf
Angler

Post by Blywulf » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Yep trapping works great, just like crabbing but in freshwater. As far as rules limit is 10lbs and your traps need escape hatches or they should be tired closed with biodegradable strong. I use fresh oily fish as bait.

Trophy, Agreed with needing to lay flat, once it’s flat and I got the trap on the sandy bottom they were not able to get under it. Managed to get some more but the water is still on the cold side.

Blywulf
Angler

Post by Blywulf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Tried again and got more footage:
https://youtu.be/OB1EoZ08tAU