Boating courtesy to land lubbers

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
rseas
Commander

Re: Boating courtesy to land lubbers

Post by rseas » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:48 pm

strider43 wrote:Well we can see which side of the fence your on, tight lines dude go catch a big one.
Not really a "sides" issue. We have an expanding population and limited recreational resources. Everyone needs to work together, be considerate and understanding that the rivers are a shared resource.

If I'm drift fishing and a boat goes by I skip a couple casts and let them pass. If I'm running the boat and see a bank fisherman in the water up to the top of their waders, fighting a fish or finishing a drift I drop off of plane and hold back untill the fish is posing for pictures or they finish their drift.

As a drift fisherman we must understand that when a boat is heading upstream they typically create less wake when on plan than when just barely making headway against the current. In that case back up a few feet and let them pass.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Boating courtesy to land lubbers

Post by Bodofish » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:50 pm

strider43 wrote:Well we can see which side of the fence your on, tight lines dude go catch a big one.
I'm not so sure you do. Although it's not really a sides issue...... unless you want to consider the top of the fence a side. It would be nice if everyone would just operate with a little respect and patience in general.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!