Dream Boat

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Dream Boat

Post by Dave M » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 am

If you were to win the lottery tomorrow, what would be your dream boat for the sound, Columbia and big lakes and maybe even off shore?
1 for each or 1 for all?
Aluminum or Glass?

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Dream Boat

Post by TrackerPro16 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 am

Should be getting mine soon. Bought raffle tickets for three different boats! Weeeee! One is a 29' long center console. I just have to get it from Florida to here... :salut:
Probably aluminum, but both have pluses and minuses. I would try and have a 'one for all' plus the little one I have (portabote) for camping.

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:18 am

Aluminum, and I would have it painted.

Duckworth has an Offshore model that in 24', 26', 28' and 30' - I'd probably go with the 24' for trailering.

And if money was no object - I'd also like to have a 40' - 50' cabin cruiser to spend summer months fishing, crabbing and shrimping between here and SE AK - as well as all points in between.

onmygame

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm

A custom built from Life Proof Boats

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Ive seen some aluminum twin hull/catamaran styles in the 26-28ft range that look awesome for off shore. For lakes Im happy with a 21-22 ft size. Much easier to trailer on long trips, maneuver on tight ramps, park int he hotel or camp ground etc.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 pm

I have never seen cats like that.
The cabin cruiser sounds fun, but I don't think the wife would be up for spending several days on the water or me being gone for several days. She only likes to look at the ocean, not go out on it.
Seen the videos of the Life Proof boats, pretty cool.
Think I would start with a 20-22 ft aluminum. Need practice handling a trailer before I go bigger. Of course I would have to get a bigger truck, and a new house where I could have a large garage to fit the boat and any other toys.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:39 pm

My dream boat would be multiple boats. Definately need one boat setup for each species! ....(If I won the lottery)

In real life though, the boat ive been "dreaming of" is a a 15ft vee bottom aluminum, fully welded, with a 150 hp sea-doo engine and jet drive hidden beneath a nice flat rear seat/deck area. The engine and controls would be hidden well enough to smuggle into "no internal cumbustion" lakes, and still do 50 mph across Lake Washington. This boat would fly up white water rapids in the rivers...just like on you tube..... and then i wake up and realize that im day dreaming again......
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"