shrimping?

Our hardshelled friends found here.
goonatic
Commander

shrimping?

Post by goonatic » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:44 am

what are the regs on shrimping in the sound? like around les davis or dash point? i remember seeing some people catching some at les davis years ago and it seemed kinda interesting. is it legal lol?

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: shrimping?

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:36 am

LOL

You can get a copy of the free regs at any hardware store or tackle shop. You can also download them from the WDFW website for free.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would not recomend you take word of mouth from some one you dont know off the internet - the regulations are quite complex as far as gear rules, locations and seasons AND the fines are quite large if they get it wrong :)

DavidA
Lieutenant

Re: shrimping?

Post by DavidA » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:09 am

I have just gotten back into shrimping the last 2 years and agree with everything Larry says. I fish Hood Canal, and the annual recreational fishery is only 4 days long. "Days" being 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. And there is a 80 shrimp maximum per person per day. And a 2 pot limit per person. And a 4 pot limit per boat. Definitely read the regs closely. They can differ by region. It is a fun fishery though! Best of luck!