Fishing Museum

Questions, concerns, support for our Members
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Fishing Museum

Post by racfish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Fishing is one of the finest sports and longest running sports anywhere. Why isnt there a Museum of "Fishing Washington". Maybe Wa Lakes could start one as a non profit . A non profit would make donations a tax deductable gift. I know I have lots of gear from the early 50's thru the present. Ive actually toyed with this before till the bottom fell out of my business. Id say do it at a state hatchery (non Tribal) Like perhaps at Tokul or Issaquah Creek. Just a thought. Maybe its something we could play with ?

rseas
Commander

Re: Fishing Museum

Post by rseas » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 pm

My idea also... Although I was thinking as part of a seafood themed restaurant.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm

racfish wrote:Fishing is one of the finest sports and longest running sports anywhere. Why isnt there a Museum of "Fishing Washington". Maybe Wa Lakes could start one as a non profit . A non profit would make donations a tax deductable gift. I know I have lots of gear from the early 50's thru the present. Ive actually toyed with this before till the bottom fell out of my business. Id say do it at a state hatchery (non Tribal) Like perhaps at Tokul or Issaquah Creek. Just a thought. Maybe its something we could play with ?
That's a great idea and a good point. This state has a huge fishing culture and it certainly could fill a museum with information. Alas, this is one prject someone that is retired or weathly would have to do. It would be a pretty big project. Wouldn't it be cool to have it at the waterfront after the Big Dig is done? It would be a real tourist attraction, seriously.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am

Im trying to remember the Museum I went to near the Chief Joseph Dam. It was a cool informative museum run by these retirees. All they did was watch the people clean up a lil. There was a collection box that peple made donations to help off set the people that maintained it. I can think of a couple of older gents that could do that . I dont want to mention names (tom and Lotech) LOL..... This would be good for them and keep those two from those espresso stands where those poor girls are freezing and taverns. Hehehe

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:41 am

Image Image Image
Tom.

Interests: living