• NWFR member Marc Martyn has passed away

• Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
 #234927  by Mike Carey
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:50 am
I'm very sad to have to announce the passing of longtime NWFR member Marc Martyn after a brief illness. Marc had been very active in the earlier days of the site as a report poster, moderator, and videographer. Many of his beautiful videos of eastside lakes are still up.

I personally had the opportunity to fish with Marc a couple times. He was a passionate and skilled fly fisher and he had a love of the sport that we all share. I'll never forget freezing my legs off early spring fishing at Amber Lake with him. It was worth it though as we caught some dandy fish. Marc was always one to share his passion and information with others. He will be greatly missed.

marc m.jpg
 #234929  by Amx
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 am

I never met the man, but he was very knowledgeable, and yes, passionate about fishing. He'll be missed. :fish:
 #234931  by Bay wolf
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 am
Our condolences to his family, friends and to the community of sportsmen. We have all lost a true outdoorsmen and advocate for our sport.
 #234940  by The Quadfather
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:50 pm
This is very unfortunate to hear. Marc was a strong contributor to the early days of the community within this website.
I recall he really new a lot of the smaller fly lakes in NE Washington.
)-:
 #234941  by Toni
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:02 pm
I am very sad to hear this. My condolences to his family.

He helped me figure out why my roof was leaking. Across the mountain through the internet.
 #235009  by Sideburns
 Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 pm
Regretfully, some of the people that I've learned the most from, and have the most respect for, I didn't pay enough attention to while they were around.

Can you post some links to some of his videos or reports in his memory?
Thanks.
 #235012  by Mike Carey
 Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:35 am
great idea!

*More of his videos can be found searching You Tube or this site's video section.