Steelhead

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Eglseder
Petty Officer

Steelhead

Post by Eglseder » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:50 pm

Hello all!

I'm Brian. New to the forum. I am looking for friends to go steelhead fishing with. I know very little about catching steelies and have never caught one. It is a dream fish of mine and a fish that I want to get after as much as possible. I live just NE of lake stevens and was planning on heading out to try some float jig fishing for steelies. Thought that maybe there were some experienced fishermen/women out there that might want a fishing partner and possibly be able to teach me a few things. I have gear and ready to test it out. I also want to try fly fishing for them. In my dream world, I would actually really like to be able to do a float with someone, but I do not have a boat and I feel that may be asking too much. But if anybody wanted to help me out there, I can always help with expenses.

Originally from Iowa (college in Maine), I have been in and out of Seattle for about 4 years now, because of my job, but have not had much time to fish, especially since I had no vehicle here. I'm 26 and work as a fish biologist on commercial fishing vessels in Dutch Harbor, AK. Now that I live here, and have my truck, it will be easier to hunt some fish. Because of this job, I get large amounts of time off and right now I don't have to work until January, so I hope to get out fishing a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers!

Brian

megacabcummins
Petty Officer

Re: Steelhead

Post by megacabcummins » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:22 pm

Welcome Brian, I am just west of you in Marysville, also need to get out and find my first steelhead. Building a new rod right now at Greg's just for steelhead (ok not really just steelhead but it was an easy excuse to build a new rod). I have a couple weeks off coming up and plan to hit the Cascade, and some lower parts of the Skagit that you can walk to. I may try a few spots of the Stilly too. I'm gonna try bead fishing this year, got plenty of other stuff to fall back on just in case :)

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Steelhead Fishing Buddies

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:58 am

Hello. We're up by the confluence of the Stilly river and although I'm certainly not the resident authority on catching steelies, I prefer bobber dogging for them when river fishing. Fishing and camping along the Skagit and Cascade rivers is also nice. Great scenery. As for lakes, am a big fan of Baker lake or Shannon, as well as lakes just north of the Stilly. Very much into salt water fishing and crabbing in marine area 8-2. I am however, limited to a small lake boat. Have done a little sport fishing in Alaska (miss fishing up there). *lol* Would be nice to meet other responsible fishers to enjoy local outings. =D>
Bobber_Dogger