WANTED: Someone to Fish Baker & the Skagit With

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Let's_Go_Fishing!
Petty Officer

Post by Let's_Go_Fishing! » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:55 am

We're interested in meeting other responsible fishers to fish Baker lake and the Skagit river. Carpooling would be ideal. Down to earth, no drama, clean background (you too). Early mornings or weekdays okay. Please be okay with respectful smokers. :nemo:

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Re: WANTED: Someone to Fish Baker & the Skagit With

Post by cobrar543 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:16 am

I'm going to Lake Cavanaugh tomorrow if interested. P.m. me

Let's_Go_Fishing!
Petty Officer

Post by Let's_Go_Fishing! » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:50 am

Just got your message Cobra. Do you plan to hit local lakes or Baker any time soon? General season is this weekend. I usually hold off going until after opening weekend. It's like Grand Central with plenty of mishaps etc :nemo:
cobrar543 wrote:I'm going to Lake Cavanaugh tomorrow if interested. P.m. me

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:25 am

Lakes opener was this past Saturday - 4/23

onmygame

never2old2fish
Petty Officer

Post by never2old2fish » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:56 am

I am new to Washington, 63 retired IBEW, and am pretty much open to fishing any time, especially week days.The last 15 years I have fished for trout in Nevada and Utah, still studying on fishing here but am getting license today. Let me know if interested.
Thanks
Mike

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Post by kodacachers » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:14 am

Check the emergency regs if you plan to fish any rivers emptying into the sound.

Let's_Go_Fishing!
Petty Officer

Post by Let's_Go_Fishing! » Tue May 03, 2016 11:17 am

Welcome to this great forum Mike. What general areas do you like to fish? I know of some decent trout lakes :nemo:

never2old2fish
Petty Officer

Post by never2old2fish » Wed May 04, 2016 12:08 pm

I am used to fishing lures and spoons UL Spinning 2-6 pound test. In Utah and Nevada I mainly fished Catch and Release for Brown Trout as well as Rainbow, Brook, Cutthroat and so on. I grew up in Texas fishing the gulf coast so I am looking forward to fishing Westport. I did already go out on the Slammer and had a ball on the light tackle rockfish, for the Ling I will bring my own next time.

I have not fished here yet, been trying to understand the rules as well as get settled in. To start with I am going to stay with what I know and try some of the selective gear lakes and when my wife wants fish for the skillet she said I can go to westport all I want as long as I keep the freezer full. :cheers:

This is a great site with much to learn but it is so big. Any ideas for trout, not stockers, but some that have seasoned over awhile? I will transition over as my understanding of all these regs increases.

Thanks
Mike