Who's having issues with navigating website via cell phone?

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Who's having issues with navigating website via cell phone?

Post by The Quadfather » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Wow... the interface of the website via an iPhone is really something to figure out, or maybe it isn't 'figure-out-able)

I find that when I log in via the iPhone, I read a forum post, and then when I go to comment on it, the site asks me to log in again. OK, I'm willing.. but then at this point all log in attempts fail. I understand the deleting cookies stuff. I have done that via the desktop computer, as I was forced to, but any attempts to comment on forum via cell phone seem to be fruitless.
Also, it is strange that the little spot that shows you have a new PM, this will light up with a #1. Makes me think I've got a PM, but when I click on the #1, it shows me the last half dozen PM's, and then the fresh new one, isn't a PM at all, it is just a notification that someone has commented on a forum thread that I started. Just odd, because that little icon is supposed to be for PM's, not forum comments that have been posted.

I guess I'm just asking if anyone else if finding the smart phone difficult to work the site? #-o

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Re: Who's having issues with navigating website via cell phone?

Post by Aaron » Sat May 06, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm as baffled as you are about the logging in thing. It's my main priority right now... I WILL figure it out. I am literally working on it all day every day looking for the culprit code.

The cell phone thing... is a mess for navigation, and will be resolved shortly after the login issue with an entirely new menu system.

As for the red icon you're noticing, it IS supposed to show new posts as well as PMs.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun May 07, 2017 4:52 am

Aaron wrote:I'm as baffled as you are about the logging in thing. It's my main priority right now... I WILL figure it out. I am literally working on it all day every day looking for the culprit code.

The cell phone thing... is a mess for navigation, and will be resolved shortly after the login issue with an entirely new menu system.

As for the red icon you're noticing, it IS supposed to show new posts as well as PMs.
I know you have your hands full on the log in thing. [woot]
I was more wondering if I just wasn't getting it on how to navigate via the cell phone, so appreciate hearing that it's not just me.
You prob feel like you have two full time jobs now!

Thanks =D>

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun May 07, 2017 10:11 am

He does!
We knew the upgrade would reveal issues to repair/improve. It always has every time in the past.
That said, as these bugs get fixed and the interface improve we'll have a mobile and desktop web site that will grow with our needs insread of the old site, which, much as we knew and loved it, was well past it's prime.
So our new mantra is "hang in there!" as Aaron works into the wee hours of the night squashing bugs!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun May 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Mike Carey wrote:He does!
We knew the upgrade would reveal issues to repair/improve. It always has every time in the past.
That said, as these bugs get fixed and the interface improve we'll have a mobile and desktop web site that will grow with our needs insread of the old site, which, much as we knew and loved it, was well past it's prime.
So our new mantra is "hang in there!" as Aaron works into the wee hours of the night squashing bugs!
I always feel a little bad to bring up anything that is not working, or frustrating as a user, just because I know what a labor it is working on all this...
But, it might help Aaron and folks if there was a sticky forum post, that gave a laundry list of which items people are having problems with, and then people could look at the list, and see if they should not bother clogging up forum posts with more discussion on already known problems. :-k Just a thought.
That way Aaron could just run down the list thread, as people added to it, and have a clear idea of the various issues.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

I'm beginning to implement the changes to make navigation easier on a phone.

I've replaced the main menu system to start. For some reason I'm seeing that a double tap is needed to open the menu from the forum on SOME iPhones. Not sure why that is happening just yet. Is that happening for you? If so, is it happening on NON forum pages as well?

Let me know if i'm headed in the right direction.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed May 10, 2017 9:11 pm

I've made several menu modifications today. Stick working on some imperfections, but I think the overall site menu on mobile is a lot better now. Add to that the links towards the top of the forum I added for Unread, New and Active topics... no need to go to the menu for those anymore. I'll get back to it tomorrow.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Its working much better for me - Android 7.0 Nougat, LG G6 phone, Chrome.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 12, 2017 8:06 am

Me too. Still learning...

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".