Any restooms at the mouth of the Spokane?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
ruthven78
Commander

Any restooms at the mouth of the Spokane?

Post by ruthven78 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Was thinking of taking my boys over to the mouth of the Spokane river. Anyone know if there is a restroom there? I havent been there since I was 15
Snakes dont have any arms that's why they dont wear vests - Stephen Wright

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Re: Any restooms at the mouth of the Spokane?

Post by hewesbob » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Ft. Spokane campground

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:33 pm

hewesbob wrote:Ft. Spokane campground
Thanks, upon looking at the Spokane-Columbia convergence via google maps satelite view, I realized....Ive never been there...so where did I go when I was 15? Thinking......thinking....oh, mouth of the Colville River....sheesh, its hard living with brain damage sometimes...and I can see via the satelite view there are toilets at the mouth of the colville river lol

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:56 pm

also, is the land on both sides of the mouth of the Spokane River tribal land or just the north bank?

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:50 am

It is all National Park below the 1310' line regardless of which side you're on. However, if you don't know exactly where the 1310' line is best practice is to consider the "North" shore tribal or reservation. I do.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm

yeah ive been reading where people have been having some problems getting ticketed by rez enforcement when below the 1310' line in the Sanpoil River Arm, so I'd rather not temp fate.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:31 am

ruthven78 wrote:yeah ive been reading where people have been having some problems getting ticketed by rez enforcement when below the 1310' line in the Sanpoil River Arm, so I'd rather not temp fate.
Cannot be cited by tribal enforcement below the 1310' line as it is federal land not reservation. If above the 1310' line you're on reservation lands and can be cited if you don't have proper tribal permits.

I haven't heard of any issues on this for the past several years and, in fact, this statement below and the diagram accompanying it depicting boundary's A, B, & C in previous year fishing pamphlets doesn't exist in the newly published pamphlet.
Refer to map. Recreational fishing between Boundary A to Boundary C requires a Washington State Freshwater
License. The Colville Confederated Tribes (CCT) asserts that a tribal license is required in this area. Anglers may be checked by tribal enforcement officers for a tribal license. All waters upstream of Boundary C (above the 1310 mean
sea elevation) and within the CCT Reservation boundary are under the regulatory authority of the CCT.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 am

hewesfisher wrote:
ruthven78 wrote:yeah ive been reading where people have been having some problems getting ticketed by rez enforcement when below the 1310' line in the Sanpoil River Arm, so I'd rather not temp fate.
Cannot be cited by tribal enforcement below the 1310' line as it is federal land not reservation. If above the 1310' line you're on reservation lands and can be cited if you don't have proper tribal permits.

I haven't heard of any issues on this for the past several years and, in fact, this statement below and the diagram accompanying it depicting boundary's A, B, & C in previous year fishing pamphlets doesn't exist in the newly published pamphlet.
Refer to map. Recreational fishing between Boundary A to Boundary C requires a Washington State Freshwater
License. The Colville Confederated Tribes (CCT) asserts that a tribal license is required in this area. Anglers may be checked by tribal enforcement officers for a tribal license. All waters upstream of Boundary C (above the 1310 mean
sea elevation) and within the CCT Reservation boundary are under the regulatory authority of the CCT.
If you cant be cited, then why did these people get cited? http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/m ... licensing/

The story was from 5 years ago. The two seem to be in contention about it and appears the tribal game enforcement thinks they can/should be able to. Im not saying it is right, I agree with the federal law. But Im the type to err on the side of caution. I can afford to fight a ticket in court, so best for me to just not get one. I havent heard of any updates to the story on if the tribal enfocement has stopped ticketing people while in the 1310

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:10 pm

ruthven78 wrote:If you cant be cited, then why did these people get cited? http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/m ... licensing/

The story was from 5 years ago.

That's old news. [rolleyes]

That story was from a time period when the tribe was trying to assert boundary rights to middle of the lake.

Just as the news article says, "The court ruled in favor of Cassidy, noting the Colville and Spokane tribes do not have authority under the existing U.S. laws to regulate fishing by non-Indians in Lake Roosevelt waters below the elevation of 1,310 feet." CCT has no legal authority below the 1310' line and the court ruled against CCT in the case cited in the article.

The only place this has been an issue when spring drawdowns expose "Geezer Beach" and make it accessible for bank fishing. Land access to Geezer Beach is through and across CCT land and the tribe has every right to require a permit for those who use tribal land to access fishing spots.

As I said, there have been no reports of any issues in the past several years. If you're concerned, buy tribal permits. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Im still the type where I would be anxious the entire time I was fishing, so I'd rather be as far from the risk as possible. and yes, i acknowledged the article was 5 years old