WTB okie drifters

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Spoonman1
Angler

WTB okie drifters

Post by Spoonman1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:09 am

Just a young gun very interested in using old methods/baits to catch fish. Not a collector, these will be put to use.
Pm me what you have.
Thank you.

rseas
Commander

Re: WTB okie drifters

Post by rseas » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:44 pm

This should cover it for you. Happy catching!

1970's Vintage Okie Drifter's - $139
http://skagit.craigslist.org/spo/5742299536.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

via cPro for Craigslist: http://tinyurl.com/CL-Android" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:46 pm

I have Okies from the 70's also. I still use them I mostly have bright yellow with orange dots and solid pink ones. Great for drift fishing

Spoonman1
Angler

Post by Spoonman1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Still looking

Spoonman1
Angler

Post by Spoonman1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:42 am

Any orange fluorescent, cheese, or sunrise colors out there?

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:25 pm

I didn't mean to lead you on but I still use mine.I use them for drifting.

Spoonman1
Angler

Post by Spoonman1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:53 pm

No worries. Just envious. Wish I was alive during that era. Hearing stories from people like Herzog. All the advancements sure are cool but there's something about the old school approach. Knowing people have caught monsters in the same spot I'm fishing so many years back is awesome. But actually using a technique and bait they used is even more awesome. I'll keep looking [thumbup]

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:48 pm

I had a foot doctor at V Mason Clinic who had a older Penn 209 reel and an older Eagle Claw mooching rod with the wooden handle hanging on his office wall marked as a antique. I used to chuckle cuz I still use mine.I still use my first reel which was a Phluger Supreme 1954 reel.Im very old school with my tackle. I never throw anything away from my Mitchell 300 to my Ambassador 5000c and 6000c. The older gear just dosent breakdown. I have Okies and Sammy Specials I still use.

WhirringPflueger
Angler

Post by WhirringPflueger » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Spoonman...Great user name. If you haven't found any Okies yet, I'll dig some up for you. Your WTB prompted me to register with the site this evening. Though I'm not "clubby" I have to confess I've been lurking around her for a year or so. The Okies I have were for the most part, ones that I fished with in the 60's. Like most guys, I don't throw away stuff that still catches fish. I poked around my stash and came up with 3 dozen plus that you can have. Selling them would take away too many good memories they provided. Of course, I'll have to hang on to some of the rose and honey ones. They were hands down the most productive for me. Let me know if you are still looking and I can PM you with my cell. I'm in Monroe or West Richland, depending on the weather and what's biting.

Chetco
Petty Officer

Post by Chetco » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Free old Okie container size 4 cerise pearl with a half dozen drifter's label inside Luhr Jensen & Sons Hood River not sure if it's worth the shipping.

Spoonman1
Angler

Post by Spoonman1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Spoonman1 wrote:Any orange fluorescent, cheese, or sunrise colors out there?
Still looking for these colors or anything else anyone has to offer. Name your price

Noodle Caboodle
Petty Officer

Post by Noodle Caboodle » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:50 pm

I know you want the real deal here. But they make replicas of them, i have no idea how close they actually are to the real thing though. I think a couple brands make them now actually

Chetco
Petty Officer

Post by Chetco » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Chetco wrote:Free old Okie container size 4 cerise pearl with a half dozen drifter's label inside Luhr Jensen & Sons Hood River not sure if it's worth the shipping.
No contacts yet :-"

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:18 pm

I usually come across a handful or so whenever i go yard sale hopping, to the small thrift stores, or independent pawn shops. Think the most i ever paid was .50 a piece for some nail polish pinks last year.

I believe beau mac makes the replicas, i've fished them a couple times and didn't have any takes. But i probly didn't give them a fair shake either to be honest.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Spoonman1
Angler

Post by Spoonman1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:15 am

Chetco I Pm'd you but didn't get a reply.
Still looking. I am 0/1 losing a nice one at the bank so far.
I am willing to pay well for more as I only have a few.
Crazy fishing with a bait over twice as old as me.