Lower Quinault River Guide recommendation

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
steelie-hunter
Angler

Lower Quinault River Guide recommendation

Post by steelie-hunter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi there folks,
Looking for a experienced native guide to fish the lower Quinault. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and tight lines to all.
SH

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Lower Quinault River Guide recommendation

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:43 am

none of our guide sponsors fish there that I know of.

If anyone can help please send it as a PM.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

steelie-hunter
Angler

Post by steelie-hunter » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:10 am

Thank you guys for your input. I did receive a few pm from the members here. Much appreciated. Tight lines everyone.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 am

Why in hell would anyone hire a native guide to fish reservation land? What a joke......

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:54 pm

dj2loud wrote:Why in hell would anyone hire a native guide to fish reservation land? What a joke......
Don't knock until you try it. Only tribal members can fish these locations and the numbers you can put on the bank or in the boat are phenomenal. This us against them is getting old quick. We need to work together and if more tribal members did guide services instead of commercial netting there would be more fish for everyone. The whole commercial fleet , tribal and non tribal, is mostly to blame for declining populations and of course habitat destruction. Guide services whether tribal or not are still restricted to daily bag limits that correspond to the river system they are fishing. If you don't believe me look up cook creek winter steelhead.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:38 pm

MEH, Stuarts of the land charging to fish a river that flows in this state is not my idea of fun...... Especially when natives own the water... give me a break..... That's like saying a owner of land _ie a farmer can say the land belongs to him and you cant fish it... Get real... I seriously hope they loose their govt check....... Natives need to grow a set and live like the rest of the world.. They act like welfare recipients.....

wlai
Petty Officer

Post by wlai » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Just pointing out this is the third thread I've read today where dj2loud is having a hissyfit because he has a bias against Native Americans. He is of course entitled to his own probably racist opinion. I am entitled to judge him too.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:31 am

You can point out what you wish, its your opinion... Until you have seen all of the negative that the natives have brought upon themselves in their actions then you won't understand the frustration towards the tribes..... Go ahead, rant on more about me throwing a hissy... Come and see for yourself the lack of respect towards the land and rivers...THe river will be waiting for you.....

Noodle Caboodle
Petty Officer

Post by Noodle Caboodle » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Can you share some links to all the negatives the tribes brought on themselves?

Str8line
Angler

Post by Str8line » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Careful that you don't get added on at the end of a run. "Mostly old boots" left in the river.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:58 pm

dj2loud wrote:MEH, Stuarts of the land charging to fish a river that flows in this state is not my idea of fun...... Especially when natives own the water... give me a break..... That's like saying a owner of land _ie a farmer can say the land belongs to him and you cant fish it... Get real... I seriously hope they loose their govt check....... Natives need to grow a set and live like the rest of the world.. They act like welfare recipients.....
I can not sit here and support your racism towards the natives. You are not seeing the bigger picture. While these rivers are on native land the guides that do fishing trips are not out there netting the crap out of the river. If we could get the puget sound tribes to do the same they would want to help out more in bringing the fish back since they could make more money guiding while taking fewer fish out of the system. These tribal members would be bringing the runs back so a guy from out of state can have a chance to catch a salmon in the mainland instead of traveling all the way to Alaska for that. I for one am very frustrated on how our fisheries are mishandled but it is not just the natives fault. again the main problem comes from commercial fishing especially from waters in Alaska and Canada where they intercept fish before they are able to make it back to our waters. The other big problem is loss of habitat and ocean conditions.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:59 pm

brah, you label ME A RACIST? I so wish you actually knew what racism is... You and I both know the tribes will never give up netting even in 20th century conservation needs.. Its pretty sad that all we can do is sit back, watch and see things decimated year after year... WDFW won't pursue its own permits to fish and will continue to allow us to be bent over year after year while they still remain in office receiving a paycheck. If you haven't noticed yet we now have a TRIBAL hour on tv during the news of " charitable donations and information on the tulalip tribes yearly help towards washington state, when clearly they should just spend that money on new technology for their outdated fishing ways... ANd here's another thing that rubs me the wrong way, how is it that the tribes " gave away free salmon, ESPECIALLY WILD COHO SALMON KNOWING WE CAN'T KEEP WILD COHO IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON just to butter up the public... How can you sit here and be OK ?

I edited what I really think..

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:05 pm

We actually can keep wild coho here in Washington state. The snohomish all the way into the sky and wallace wild coho can be caught and kept. Area 9 also allows wild coho to be kept and I'm sure its not the only area in puget sound just the one I fish the most. I am not ok with what most tribes do in most puget sound rivers but this forum was strictly for the quinalt river, an Olympic peninsula river, and that river has been a quinalt tribal river for some time now. I apologize if you think I labeled you a racist because that was not my intent. More so was saying the way you attack the tribes for everything even on a river that they manage, control and support their own hatcheries on seems like racism I cannot support.