Pontoon problems

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
branweeds
Warrant Officer

Re: Pontoon problems

Post by branweeds » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:25 am

Picking up one of the costco pontoons this weekend for 125 bucks new, my buddy is getting the second one.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am

branweeds wrote:Picking up one of the costco pontoons this weekend for 125 bucks new, my buddy is getting the second one.
Nice, you guys will have fun!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 am

Ill post back after taking them out hopefully on Sunday!

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:05 pm

That is awesome, and what a price! Looking forward to hearing how everything worked!

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:35 am

Got the Pontoons!! Yesterday turned out to be the perfect day to take them out as well. Sunny, and no wind on the lake, and it was't too hot. I caught 7 fish in a couple hours, which wasn't all that bad. The pontoon was way more stable than expected, and the seat was comfortable. I can't fish for more than an hour or two in my kayak without having a sore back or something, but on this I felt like I could spend all day on it. I also brought on board my flippers, a fly rod, two spinning rods, a net, tackle box, snacks, extra jacket, and more. It wasn't weighed down at all and the pontoons stayed inflated perfectly the entire time even being in the cold water.

Best 120 dollars I have ever spent!

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:01 am

This is the exact pump my buddy brought along that came with an inflatable paddle board he bought. It worked perfectly and also gives a PSI reading.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Wave-Sports ... ddle+board

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Good to hear! The images you posted require you to have a g-mail account to view I think. It keeps asking me to log in when I try to open them in another window, and they aren't showing up in the post itself. Glad the pontoon worked well for you. It is a very stable pontoon, I had some idiot in a bass boat doing 60 MPH about 20 yards from me on Long Lake (He's lucky I didn't have my flare gun with me, LOL!) and even with a motor and battery in the back it held up well. The seat is great on this model, very comfortable.