After the flood

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SalmonBuster
Petty Officer

After the flood

Post by SalmonBuster » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Well when the river drops back down into shape I will have a lot of new gravel bars to steelhead fish. Can't wait! [blink]
Image The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Re: After the flood

Post by Dave M » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 am

I have not heard much about the dam for several weeks, what are they doing about repairing it?
Also is there any fishing in the river June/July time frame? I will be down in Oakdale to visit family and want to do some fishing.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:13 am

I thought river fishing in washington was just a myth lol, they still have river fishing?
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Very little Jon. This is about a California river.

SalmonBuster
Petty Officer

Post by SalmonBuster » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:45 pm

Dave M wrote:I have not heard much about the dam for several weeks, what are they doing about repairing it?
Also is there any fishing in the river June/July time frame? I will be down in Oakdale to visit family and want to do some fishing.
Hi Dave. Right now they are releasing 35,000cfs out of the spillway. It is going to take them until November to repair it. The salmon season on the Feather opens July 16th. So you will be here around the opener. Read the regulations carefully. They are saying that it is going to be a poor run of fish this year. Due to the fact that they are from when we was in a drought. I'm going to fish and hope to catch a few. See you on the water. :fish: Tight lines, Dale
Image The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Thanks for the info Dale. As of now looks like I will be gone before it opens. But I am planning a day of my trip to stop in Oregon at the Rogue for a day. Then will do a little trout fishing on the Tuolumne river out by Buck Meadows.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:11 am

jonb wrote:I thought river fishing in washington was just a myth lol, they still have river fishing?
They still let us go out to the rivers with our gear but there no more fishies :-({|=

SalmonBuster
Petty Officer

Post by SalmonBuster » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 am

Good luck on the Rogue Dave. [thumbup] I caught this hen at Gold Beach two years ago. [woot] Tight lines, Dale Image