NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fishnislife
Admiral

NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 21, 2007 8:30 pm

I thought since we are getting off to a new start, why not have a thread were every member can drop a line and introduce ones self. If we all participate this could be one of the coolest posts ever.
How about (if you feel comfortable) any one of these, if not all:
Name
Hobbies
What You Do
Favorite Species To Fish For
Where You Fish The Most
How Long You Have Been Fishing
How You Got Introduced To Fishing
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing
Your Favorite Picture
Ect.

We are a fishing family around here and we might as well get to know each other a little more. That way if we see another WL.COMer out on the water, we will already have some comradery.

BRAND NEW MEMBERS - this is a way for your first post to be easy. If all the 1000+ members contributed just a little, instead of letting 10% do all the posting, this would be an amazing site for all. Lets here from ya.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 21, 2007 8:32 pm

I’ll start.

My name is Jeremiah and I'm an alcoh..... J/k
I love to fish. Hence the name fishnislife. I live in Poulsbo in Kitsap County and mostly fish the waters around this area. I do make a couple of trips to some lakes across the Sound during the year, but most of my time is spent fishing the fresh and salt water around here.
I’m 29 and have had a rod and reel in my hand ever since I could hold one. I consider myself a bass fisherman first and foremost, but I do fish for everything. My goal when I see a body of water is to catch the biggest fish in it. I do a lot of studying on fishing and try just about everything. I have fished in many different states across the US including Canada and Mexico. My goal in life (as far as fishing goes) is to catch a Peacock Bass in the Amazon, a Blue Marlin, a Bonefish on the fly in the tropics and a Tarpon.
I work for a construction company that builds custom homes and remodels. When I’m not working or fishing I hang out with my wife and baby boy. If I’m not working or fishing or hanging out with them you’ll find me with my buddies laughing are @sses off. That's just a little bit about me.
Hope you guys will follow suit, I’m sure we all want to here what you’re all about.
Don’t be shy.

Ohh, BTW I'm addicted to the show Heroes. :-$

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jdimonda
Petty Officer

Post by jdimonda » Mon May 21, 2007 8:58 pm

My name is Jordan DiMonda.
I am 15 years old and live in Lake Stevens.
My hobby of course is fishing.
I currently go to Lake Stevens High School.
My favorite fish to fish for are salmon and steelhead even though I have never caught a steelhead before.
The place fish at most is Lake Stevens.
I have been fishing for 2 years.
I got started fishing when my dad took me fishing one time.
When I am not fishing I am usually hanging out with friends or am on Washingtonlakes.com
I will upload my favorite picture later.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Mon May 21, 2007 9:36 pm

My turn I guess:

Name: Aaron

Hobbies: Computer Programming, Fishing, RC Airplanes (I need to figure out how to combine all 3...)

What You Do: I work for Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories as a Software Engineer.

Favorite Species To Fish For: The underwater kind.

Where You Fish The Most: Because of the website I try not to stick to a favorite if I can help it. If I HAD to pick one I might have to say Williams Lake, Spokane County.

How Long You Have Been Fishing: 30+ years.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Mothers boyfriend of 10+ yrs took me fishing all the time when I was young. He would take me trolling at Horseshoe Lake just east of Spokane.. not sure what county... we would always troll using leaded line.

What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: Write software and websites, raise my shildren, write software and websites, work (writing software and websites), fly airplanes, write software and websites.

Your Favorite Picture:
Attachments
P1010055.JPG
P1010055.JPG (90.5 KiB) Viewed 44743 times
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:32 pm

Name: Seung
Hobbies: Fishing, snowboarding, music, etc,
What You Do: cancer registry work
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass (love the smallie fight and the largemouth pursuit)
Where You Fish The Most: Lk Washington
How Long You Have Been Fishing: since I was little, but not seriously until last year.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Warmwater - by myself. Did various random trips with Dad when I was younger.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work :-& eat, sleep.

Look for the yellow rod tube on my back around lk wa/union - thats me!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:48 pm

Name: A9

Hobbies: Fishing, Golfing, Skiing

What You Do: Eat, sleep, FISH

Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon.

Where You Fish The Most: Puget Sound

How Long You Have Been Fishing: 16 years

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Great Grandpa

What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: get ready for the next trip....
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:58 pm

Hello, my name is Joe (aka beerman),

I live in Selah (just outside of Yakima) with my wonderfull wife. I'm 25 years old and play around with dead cows all day -- I'm a meat cutter. Actually, I am a CWU graduate with a Bachelors in English and Creative Writing. And, based on the job opportunities for English Majors in Yakima, I must rephrase again, I am a meat cutter, haha. My hobbies include the obvious, fishing. But, I am also a waterskiing and wakeboard nut. Four wheeling, Cooking, hiking, photography and surfing the net are other activities I can be found doing. But a rule of thumb is, if it has to do with the outdoors, I am all over it!

I've been fishing pretty much my whole life, thanks largely to my father who introduced me to this wonderfull sport. My favorite species to fish for would probably be bass. Trying to determine which color of lure, type of lure, hole, etc. will provide fish gives me a great challenge and never bores me. Trout fishing is a pretty close second to bass fishing. Sometimes I am in the mood to just sit down a lawn chair by a lake, crack open a cold beer, throw on some power bait and just wait and just wait for a nibble, while enjoying mother nature. If I had to pick my top three lakes, they would have to be 1) Dog Lake in Yakima county for the great trout fishing; 2) A secret lake that always provides me with beautiful bass; and 3)Lake Sacagawea (the section of the snake river between Ice Harber and Lower Monumental Dams. This stretch provides great fishing opportunites for large catfish, bass, perch and pretty much anything else under the sun.

Great thread man! I hope we can all get to know eachother a little better now. It would be nice to meet some of y'all out on the lake sometime!

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue May 22, 2007 12:32 am

Name: Marc Martyn
Hobbies: Fly tying, photo (video & still), music (collecting old blues)
What You Do: General Contractor specializing in kitchen & bath remodels (K & B Remodeling)
Favorite Species To Fish For: Trout, Bass
Where You Fish The Most: Eastern Washington Lakes, Clark Fork River in Montana
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 52 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Grandmother and I fishing off the dock in South Dakota. When I was 15 years old my other grandmother gave me my grandfathers old bamboo fly rod and automatic Perrine reel he used in the 1930's on fishing trips to the Black Hills. I took it up to Clarence Grimes at Marshall Lake and he put line, backing and a leader on it. We went down to the dock and he showed me how to cast with it and I caught my first cutthroat on a #16 Renegade. From that moment on in the fall 1966, fly fishing has been my life long passion. I visited with Clarence last fall for about an hour and we reminisced about all the good times we have had at Marshall Lake. Clarence is now 88 years old. As I left, I thanked him for all the great years he gave me. He looked at me kind of funny and asked me what I meant. I told him "You taught me how to fly fish". He gently smiled and replied "wonderful, isn't it".
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Think about fly fishing, taking photos and videos for the site and adding blues music to my collection
Your Favorite Picture: I took this picture while visiting my daughter in Wellington, New Zealand
14" Brown on the Ruamahunga River, New Zealand
Attachments
P3290016_1_1.JPG
P3290016_1_1.JPG (255.82 KiB) Viewed 44632 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 22, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cole steffens
Petty Officer

Post by cole steffens » Tue May 22, 2007 2:40 am

name cole steffens

age 22

occupation longshoreman/commercial fisherman

hobbies fishing hunting and hiking

about me ive been fishing for as long as i can remember i mostly fish trout and salmon growing up next to an area that reared and released salmon i grew up with a deep respect for the sport i fish mainly in snohomish county
Attachments
fishing_034.JPG
fishing_034.JPG (459.25 KiB) Viewed 42385 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 22, 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
if we are good to are lakes and streams they will be good to us

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue May 22, 2007 5:59 am

My name is Joe Sanders. I'm 59 and live in the Greenacres section of Liberty Lake Washington. I've been fishing since before I could walk. Well, at least 57 years. I like catch and release fly fishing for Westslope Cutthroat in the streams and rivers of northern Idaho, and trolling for keeper rainbows in the lakes of eastern Washington. My focus in life is in Jesus Christ, family and fishing. I work in a warehouse in the Industrial Park where we make and sell adhesive back labels to folks all over the world. You can find a picture of me in the "Tacklebox Tales" section of this website. I wrote an article about building a fly rod for a 10 year old neighbor girl.
Aaron, I fish Williams Lake often. If you see me there, please stop and say Hi. I'll do the same.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

jmay
Lieutenant

Post by jmay » Tue May 22, 2007 8:07 am

Name Jeff May
Age 32
Location Veradale
Hobbies Huting Ducks and Mule Deer
What You Do Marine Claims Manager
Favorite Species To Fish For Perfer cutthroat on the fly
Where You Fish The Most Newman, Silver Badger
How Long You Have Been Fishing As long as I can remember
I love fly fishing small rivers for Cutthroat, however the ESA closed my all the rivers of my childhood and went to college in Cheney and stayed for the fishing and hunting. Now that I have kids most of my fishings days are sent in a boat untangleing lines, hooking fish and handing the pole over to watch the smiles of a 5 year old even if its just a perch.

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:26 am

Name: Robert
What You Do: High School
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass, either speicies
Where You Fish The Most: Lake Washington
How Long You Have Been Fishing: About 7 years, got serious about 3 years ago.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Perch fishing Lake Washington with my dad.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Mess around with tackle/ buy more tackle.
Your Favorite Picture.......
Attachments
20070505_005727_lk_wash_014_Med.jpg
20070505_005727_lk_wash_014_Med.jpg (73.09 KiB) Viewed 44481 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 22, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LndShrk
Angler

Post by LndShrk » Tue May 22, 2007 8:33 am

Name: Steve

Hobbies: Hunting Fishing Dogs Too Many others (according to my wife)

What You Do: Software Engineer.

Favorite Species To Fish For: No favorites just enjoy the time out.

Where You Fish The Most: In the water. But sometimes the trees. ](*,)

How Long You Have Been Fishing: Longer than My memory can take me back.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My father.

What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: Take the kids hunting.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glastron876
Petty Officer

Post by glastron876 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:44 am

Name: Larry

Hobbies: Fishing, Camping, Model building w/ youngest boy

What You Do: I am a Computer Support Spec./Tech for a local distributor of Foodservice Industry products.

Favorite Species To Fish For: Trout (River/Creek/Lake)

Where You Fish The Most: West Medical Lake, Little Spokane River (near Chattaroy)

How Long You Have Been Fishing: 25-30+ years.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Grandparents live on Puget Sound, an area called Felucy Bay.

What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: Try to do the needed "honeydo's" during the week so I can go fishing on the weekends - right now looking for good producing lakes to take youngest boy & wife - man I can't wait for retirement ( then fish during the week, "honeydo's" on the weekend then ) :d/

Your Favorite Picture: Will upload later
"Give someone a fish and they eat for a day. Teach someone to fish and you get rid of them for the whole weekend"

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 22, 2007 11:26 am

name: Garrett
location Sea Tac
Favorite species: Walleye and crappie, I fish for anything though, I probally fish fo trout the most
Favorite lake: I fish everywhere in WA, my favorite place is the columbia basin
introduced: my Dad fished a lot, when I was 18 months old I caught a 3" perch its been on since then
How long: Iv been fishing for almost 19 years
hobbies: Outdoors, fantasy football, FISHING, and anything to do with FISHING
Last year I spent over 100 days on the water, this year I want to break that and fish 120 days. Im going to increase this by 20 days a year(hopefully) until I spend 365 days on the water

tcb
Warrant Officer

Post by tcb » Tue May 22, 2007 11:36 am

Name: Tim
What You Do: IT Director for an ecommerce company
Favorite Species To Fish For: Doesn't matter. I have taken a large interest in Bass the last year or two
Where You Fish The Most: Split between Banks Lake and Lake Sammamish
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 25-ish years?
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Salmon fishing with my Dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work, Work, Work, Landscaping, Entrepreneurial activities, Wakeboarding, Movies
Your Favorite Picture....... - None at this computer. Will post tonight.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 22, 2007 1:47 pm

What a great idea for a thread.

I'm Mike Carey, aged (well) 48 yrs old. Born and raised in the midwest and moved to Spokane in 89', Seattle in 91'. Currently live in Redmond.

My day job (and quite a few on-call nights) is a registered nurse for a homehealth and hospice company.

Married with two boys, 13 and 16. My family takes most of my focus, time, and dedication. What is left over goes to this web site, fishing, and guitar/music production, in that order. I desperately need more time, so if anyone has some extra please send it my way!

I like just about all types of fishing and get into grooves where I will concentrate on one type (most recently bass fishing). Then years later I'll take up another type of fishing. We are fortunate in this state to have so many different spieces and methods of fishing. Fished all my life, it was in my blood from the moment I first went.

Favorite picture - well, there's so many. just pull up my reports! Any photos with my boys featured are my favorites.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 22, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Wilkstr
Petty Officer

Post by Wilkstr » Tue May 22, 2007 2:06 pm

My name is Justin.
I live and work in Spokane as a residential mortgage loan originator. (That fancy term means I am a loan officer for residential mortgages) and grew up just north of here in Deer Park.
I primarily fish for bass and in the past couple of years have enjoyed catching steelhead and pike, and would like to get into muskie. The past year or so I have been trying to become a successful bass fisherman on the fly rod.
I used to be a duck & pheasant killing machine as well as an avid fisherman but the past 4 or 5 years have concentrated all my hobby time to fishing.
My goal this year is to get my two and a half year old daughter into her first bass! She loves the Saturday morning bass fishing shows rather than cartoons and she can already cast across the room and apparently, judging by the bobber I took to the right eye, is going to be a fairly accurate caster.
<*)))))><
Attachments
littlefalls2_Large.jpg
littlefalls2_Large.jpg (135.95 KiB) Viewed 44336 times
jw5lb2.JPG
jw5lb2.JPG (148.47 KiB) Viewed 44355 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 22, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<*)))))><

Rizzla
Petty Officer

Post by Rizzla » Tue May 22, 2007 2:45 pm

Well my name is Randy but i call myself Randal EL. why i dont kno. i didnt like fishin so much until really this year. im way more into huntin but this year fishin has really gotten into me. i guess i never like it before because i never caught anythin worth mentioning. not until this year that is. this april i went to beaver lake and caught a fatty triploid close to 4 lbs maybe 4. ever since than i been stuck on fishin. im in my 20's i work all the time and and i am killin time fishin on the weekends. im really tryin to target bass and large mouth most of all. im playin to take a trip over to potholes soon or the snake river down by lower granite damn. bass is good down there and the catfish are fun. and i love me som catfish. i still need practice about how to understand bass and the fishin conditions but im tryin maybe next year ill be better but ill just take it day by day. nice to meet all of yall i would upload some pics but i dont kno how.

raffensg64
Commander

Post by raffensg64 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Howdy folks, I'm Gary Raffensperger from Medical Lake, WA. I'm originally from the great state of Pennsylvania, and, forgive me, am a die-hard Steelers fan. I gave Uncle Sam's Army 23 years of my life and I retired last year after my final assignment (Spokane). My wife, Sacko, is an Air Force Tech Sergeant stationed at Fairchild AFB. We have two boys, Chris and Jonny, ages 9 and 11. I'm constantly trying to keep her from doing something stupid like transferring out.....the fishing here is better than anywhere I've been, Colorado included!

I absolutely love to fish and hunt! I had always dabbled around with fly fishing but it was not until my assignment to Spokane that I got serious with it. My boss was a fly fisherman so off we'd go to Amber, Coffeepot, Medical, North Silver (when it still had fish!), West Medical, and several other NE and E Washington lakes. There wasn't really a lot for a 5-man Army detachment to do (work-wise) in Spokane so fishin was the mission!!! The Yak, Clark Fork, St. Joe and other rivers augmented our itinerary. There is nothing I love more than making a long cast to a rising fish, getting the perfect drag-free drift, and witnessing that toilet bowl swirl as the fish takes! What a trip!

My favorite fish are trout, but I'd love to get back into bass fishing like I did while stationed in Georgia and Alabama. Those were some incredible times. Maybe someday. But for now there are too many trout to be caught by way of the fly!

I'm an old dinosaur who never carries a camera so I can't submit a picture. I do have an old paper picture printed by a standard printer but that does me no good. The picture is of me (of course) in my black and gold Steelers hat holding 27" worth of Omak Lahontan Cutthroat. That place rocks, too!

Good luck to all and take care of your waters. Believe me, I've been stationed around the country and am dead honest when I say you folks have the best fishing I've ever seen! The Pacific Northwest......now if only I can convince momma to stay here!

-Raff