grubs

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Post Reply
goonatic
Commander
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 pm

grubs

Post by goonatic » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:10 pm

with all these fancy baits and rigs for bass, does anyone ever just use the old reliable soft plastic grub? like a 1/8oz-3/8oz jighead and a 3-5 inch grub? ive been really wanting to use grubs lately for some reason and was wondering if theyre still effective with all these new techniques these days

User avatar
Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars
Posts: 7427
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Wa. state

Re: grubs

Post by Amx » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Yup, always will be effective. I have a dedicated grub rod and most always use an 1/8th oz ball head jig.

Come to the seminar at Limit Out on the 15th and maybe they'll talk about them, if not you can always ask Russ, Chris, or Mark, or me, or most anyone.
Tom.

Occupation: old
Interests: living

ncwflounderer
Lieutenant
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: grubs

Post by ncwflounderer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:39 pm

I like fishing the yamamoto grub in cinnamon fleck on a soft plastic worm hook without a weight
Eat, sleep, fish

User avatar
BassDood
Commander
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:06 am
Location: North Mason Co
Contact:

Re: grubs

Post by BassDood » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 pm

I use grubs all the time. A lot of the lakes I fish are weedy or lots of wood so I rig it weedless or Texas style with a Gamakatsu EWG hook and an 1/8 oz bullet weight....very effective. I love the Yamamoto grubs as well as the Zoom Fat Albert both in 5"
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

goonatic
Commander
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: grubs

Post by goonatic » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:24 pm

thanks guys! i have alot of grubs and wanted to put them to use! and various jighead styles and weights and i really love "simple" fishing, and grubs are as easy as they get haha

User avatar
fishinChristian
Commander
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:49 am
Location: Yakima
Contact:

Re: grubs

Post by fishinChristian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:32 am

Can't imagine not having a grubby tackle box! I catch hundreds of fish every year with 'em, as do my fishin' buddies. I don't think they will ever go out of style, but adaptations to make them look different, especially in heavily fished waters, will improve your catch.

3footvis
Warrant Officer
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 am

Re: grubs

Post by 3footvis » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Yup use em all the time. Yamamotos in Cinnamon Black Flake & Watermelon mostly. I buy the cheapo jig heads if I'm fishing rip rap. Or texas rig them with a #1 hook in heavy cover.

User avatar
tnj8222
Admiral
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: Renton Highlands
Contact:

Re: grubs

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:59 am

For smallies I out a grub on a darter head jig and crush them at potholes. Texas rigged 5" grub for lm. Grubs are awesome.

Dan360
Petty Officer
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:39 am
Location: Thurston Co.

Re: grubs

Post by Dan360 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:36 pm

BassDood wrote:I use grubs all the time. A lot of the lakes I fish are weedy or lots of wood so I rig it weedless or Texas style with a Gamakatsu EWG hook and an 1/8 oz bullet weight....very effective. I love the Yamamoto grubs as well as the Zoom Fat Albert both in 5"
This.
There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind. ~Washington Irving

User avatar
Weekend-warrior17
Warrant Officer
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm
Location: Pierce county

Re: grubs

Post by Weekend-warrior17 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Patience is the problem and solution. :^o

Post Reply