109 Guests Online? Really?
-
AdsBot [Google]
- Commodore
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am
109 Guests Online? Really?
I've noticed today we've had upwards of 109 guests online at anytime...then it changes very drastically down to like 76 then 25 then back to 104. What's up with that? I'm just as curious as everyone else. There has been more members on in recent days which has been fun, but what's with all these 100's of guests, lol? We should be amassing more members then...
- fishnislife
- Admiral
- Posts: 2630
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:33 am
- Location: Kitsap County
- Contact:
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
I noticed that too. Right now it's around 40. Aaron said something in the Holy Mother of God thread that it is when people do a search for the site. It gets spidered by search engines and it bumps up the #'s. Or something like that. There really isn't that many people on right now.
fishnislife
fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Marc Martyn
- Rear Admiral Two Stars
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:01 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
Most likely spiders, I noticed that also. Click on active users on the forum page. It will bring up the list of users and most are on about the same time and length.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
AdsBot [Google]
- Commodore
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
Ahh, this explains it. Thanks Marc and fishnislife!Marc Martyn wrote:Most likely spiders, I noticed that also. Click on active users on the forum page. It will bring up the list of users and most are on about the same time and length.
- Marc Martyn
- Rear Admiral Two Stars
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:01 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
However, hibernation is coming to a close. There has been a sizable increase in the numbers of members logging on and new members joining each day.
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
It seems to always do that. Everyonce in a while there are TONS of guest visiting..Not sure why....
Marc's right. Lots more action on the forums and seem to be much more members joining...
Marc's right. Lots more action on the forums and seem to be much more members joining...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....
- fishnislife
- Admiral
- Posts: 2630
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:33 am
- Location: Kitsap County
- Contact:
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
We are averaging 3-4 new members a day. The key is getting them active. It's around 10% or less that are active contributors around here.Sam Kafelafish wrote:It seems to always do that. Everyonce in a while there are TONS of guest visiting..Not sure why....
Marc's right. Lots more action on the forums and seem to be much more members joining...
Do a song and dance Kafelafish, maybe that will get some people to start posting. Or we could just show everyone your lime green bikini.
:thumright :thumleft:

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
AdsBot [Google]
- Commodore
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
Congrats on you're 800th post fishnislife! Also, you're right. We need to figure out a way to get members who have valuable insight and opinions to speak up and become contributing members. Of course, we are all thankful they are aboard here at WL.com, but it'd be awesome to see them contribute and make this site even more special.fishnislife wrote:We are averaging 3-4 new members a day. The key is getting them active. It's around 10% or less that are active contributors around here.Sam Kafelafish wrote:It seems to always do that. Everyonce in a while there are TONS of guest visiting..Not sure why....
Marc's right. Lots more action on the forums and seem to be much more members joining...
fishnislife
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
Slowly but surely it's growing. It's not quite the madness of other boards I'm on, but some guys are staying all the time during winter and by spring it'll be really busy...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....
-
AdsBot [Google]
- Commodore
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
How many boards are you on?! Are you on WashingtonFlyFishing.com? And you manage to study?! I give props to that!!Sam Kafelafish wrote:Slowly but surely it's growing. It's not quite the madness of other boards I'm on, but some guys are staying all the time during winter and by spring it'll be really busy...
-
AdsBot [Google]
- Commodore
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
WOW! HAHAHAHAHA!!fishnislife wrote:We are averaging 3-4 new members a day. The key is getting them active. It's around 10% or less that are active contributors around here.Sam Kafelafish wrote:It seems to always do that. Everyonce in a while there are TONS of guest visiting..Not sure why....
Marc's right. Lots more action on the forums and seem to be much more members joining...
Do a song and dance Kafelafish, maybe that will get some people to start posting. Or we could just show everyone your lime green bikini.
:thumright :thumleft:
fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
This and one other one. And occasionally one more bassing forum. So 2.5 I guess. My schedule this quarter is easy. Only 10 hours of classes per week...cutthroatkiller wrote:How many boards are you on?! Are you on WashingtonFlyFishing.com? And you manage to study?! I give props to that!!Sam Kafelafish wrote:Slowly but surely it's growing. It's not quite the madness of other boards I'm on, but some guys are staying all the time during winter and by spring it'll be really busy...
I'm actually juggling between visiting the forum and figuring out my class schedule for the next quarter...
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....
-
AdsBot [Google]
- Commodore
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
Kafelafish...do you have Facebook??Sam Kafelafish wrote:This and one other one. And occasionally one more bassing forum. So 2.5 I guess. My schedule this quarter is easy. Only 10 hours of classes per week...cutthroatkiller wrote:How many boards are you on?! Are you on WashingtonFlyFishing.com? And you manage to study?! I give props to that!!Sam Kafelafish wrote:Slowly but surely it's growing. It's not quite the madness of other boards I'm on, but some guys are staying all the time during winter and by spring it'll be really busy...
I'm actually juggling between visiting the forum and figuring out my class schedule for the next quarter...
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
I'll send ya a PM...cutthroatkiller wrote:Kafelafish...do you have Facebook??Sam Kafelafish wrote:This and one other one. And occasionally one more bassing forum. So 2.5 I guess. My schedule this quarter is easy. Only 10 hours of classes per week...cutthroatkiller wrote: How many boards are you on?! Are you on WashingtonFlyFishing.com? And you manage to study?! I give props to that!!
I'm actually juggling between visiting the forum and figuring out my class schedule for the next quarter...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....
-
AdsBot [Google]
- Commodore
- Posts: 1002
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
PM returned captain.Sam Kafelafish wrote: I'll send ya a PM...
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
That's cuter than a basket of kittens AND a box of puppies.

"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."
- Marc Martyn
- Rear Admiral Two Stars
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:01 am
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
I'll take the puppies:-"
- fishnislife
- Admiral
- Posts: 2630
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:33 am
- Location: Kitsap County
- Contact:
RE:109 Guests Online? Really?
Thanks bro!cutthroatkiller wrote:
Congrats on you're 800th post fishnislife!
fishnislife

Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;