We were hopeful as we hit the tides and sunrise at just about the right time, but the odds were working against us from the very beginning.
As we were setting up, Tim moved the downrigger and the whole top went over the side. At first he thought everything was lost, but it was on the wire and he pulled it up. The one part missing that caused this problem was the endcap, and a bolt unscrewed itself and fell out. We were all glad that the majority of the rig was recovered, but it left us with one downrigger. We pulled an 8 oz. banana weight with a spoon on the side w/the broken downrigger.
There was a lot of wind, but this time coming from the north. Water was pretty choppy and there was a ton of weeds. We got weeded up so much that I'm guessing we had an active working rig for about 10% of the time. When the bite finally did come on, we got one and the boat right next to us also got one at the same time.
We had many shakers, but no lunkers. We landed one small (guessing 4 lb.) buck, but were glad we didn't get skunked.